AT&T Photo Message Problem

jbmeicher

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I received my nexus 4 right before turkey day and brought it into a local AT&T store to ensure that it was set up correctly. My data works fine, I have been able to use every aspect of the phone without an issue, but I am not receiving picture messages.

I am not even receiving a message stating that there was a download error, simply nothing. Is there anything that I can do?

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Do you have their messaging plan as well?

I believe you need the messaging plan to get the mms. Otherwise, you will only get the pay per text option. I could be wrong.

Other than that, it could just be a APN setting that gets overlooked sometimes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I would open up the APN and make sure the MMS proxy and MMS port are right. I don't know off hand what they are supposed to be for you, as I am on Strait Talk, but I am sure someone here knows...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

jbmeicher

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T Photo Message Problem

Do you have their messaging plan as well?

Other than that, it could just be a APN setting that gets overlooked sometimes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

I have unlimited messaging/calls with 10gb between 3 family members. I was sending/receiving picture messages with a HTC Inspire days before switching over

- - - Updated - - -

I would open up the APN and make sure the MMS proxy and MMS port are right. I don't know off hand what they are supposed to be for you, as I am on Strait Talk, but I am sure someone here knows...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

THIS

ryjb

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353901835181.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353901835181.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 23
  • uploadfromtaptalk1353901844816.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353901844816.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 23
  • uploadfromtaptalk1353901854287.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353901854287.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 23

six8

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I have adjusted my setting identically and unfortunately no luck. i sent out a group message as well and a photo message to one recipient and both messages are still stuck in "Sending..." land

Did you reboot after changing the settings?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Jeffrey Holst

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I have adjusted my setting identically and unfortunately no luck. i sent out a group message as well and a photo message to one recipient and both messages are still stuck in "Sending..." land

I'm having the same exact problem with the same APN settings. Photo messages get "stuck" in sending intermittently. I've found that if I try and send a picture again at a later time, sometimes only minutes later, the new picture will go through and and the old will then send as well. Sometimes photos can get "stacked" up and when I finally get one to go through, all the unsent photos will go all at once. I've called ATT and they are supposed to get back to me. I wonder if it's a Nexus problem though and not an ATT problem.

Only1Z

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same exact problem with the same APN settings. Photo messages get "stuck" in sending intermittently. I've found that if I try and send a picture again at a later time, sometimes only minutes later, the new picture will go through and and the old will then send as well. Sometimes photos can get "stacked" up and when I finally get one to go through, all the unsent photos will go all at once. I've called ATT and they are supposed to get back to me. I wonder if it's a Nexus problem though and not an ATT problem.

I get this too once in awhile. Report back if you figure it out. :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe