AT&T S5 software update today

steve Sharra

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: AT&T S5 software update today

I rooted my s5 then unrooted it could that be why its interrupted but never changed the rom...and did anyone install it with their device rooted?

Posted via the Android Central App

bbmjack

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

I rooted my s5 then unrooted it could that be why its interrupted but never changed the rom...and did anyone install it with their device rooted?

How did you unroot

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

The only thing I noticed was that I can take pics with the volume buttons now. Is there anything else?

Posted via Android Central App

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

Not that it is really neaningful, but I ran the AnTuTu benchmarks and see an overall rise in the numbers by 5% over the last time I ran it.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Not that it is really neaningful, but I ran the AnTuTu benchmarks and see an overall rise in the numbers by 5% over the last time I ran it.
I noticed the same thing. However, I missed not sure if it's because of this update or the fact that the app itself had an update today too. Here is my new score. uploadfromtaptalk1409269698723.jpg

JCarmello

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

Didn't know about the update until I joined the forum tonight. Downloaded 142.85 mb which took about 7 minutes. Then notification telling me phone will restart and install d/l. Took about another 5 minutes to install after reboot. Then notification that Android is upgrading and it started to optimize all my apps.

Phone is plain vanilla since I just upgraded two weeks ago and moved to ATT. About device shows Baseband and Build number as listed on ATT customer support notes on this upgrade. Did notice that Security version went from Release 2 to 3.

ATT says this is what the update does:
What's changing?
Security updates and patches
Application installation enhancements
Accidental emergency dial fixed on the lock screen
Several lower layer modem crashes and sluggishness improvement enhancements
E-mail UX enhancements
S-View cover error
Re-activation lock improvements

Don't know if that clears anything up for some. Best I could do. Have not tried working with the new update as it is still hot off the wires.

bent_karma

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I like how everyone acts like their smartphone is their life. Don't get me wrong I love my phone but not enough to go gaga over it like some people here, "I wish they would tell me what the update is". Be grateful you have a smartphone you ****. Did you forget that these things are just phones? Anyway I'm updating now lol.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

I like how everyone acts like their smartphone is their life. Don't get me wrong I love my phone but not enough to go gaga over it like some people here, "I wish they would tell me what the update is". Be grateful you have a smartphone you ****. Did you forget that these things are just phones? Anyway I'm updating now lol.

I'll let others reply to this .... enjoy the holiday weekend. Lol!!

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

I thought about what your saying and your 100% correct. We do spend an awful lot if time with this device. Not just a phone but an integrated communications device. It's become a real necessity for getting along in everyday life. Tough to stand in the way of progress though. Back in the day, though, we did the same with our transistor radios. But the point you make is still valid .... even my fiance agrees.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

This phone is not my life, but I paid full price for this sum bish and yeah I want to know every detail of what's being updated on my $600 phone that I may or may not have to fight at&t or Samsung to fix if they eff up my phone with bs. I'm not understanding what's wrong with wanting to know what an update consists of.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

Some observations on the update:

1. As I mentioned the AnTuTu benchmark performance is about 5% higher with the update.

2. Lost a few settings I had especially within the basic camera app. Reset them and they seem to stick better than in the previous version.

4. Settings in general seem to revert to original and had to be corrected but here too they are saving better than in the past version.

4. Connect to WiFi seems to stay better than before in weak areas. I've neve had, an issue but this morning I was in a usually poor WiFi area but today it seemed to stay connected even though the area is poor.

5. I usually have location services turned on all the time. Today after the update had to turn them back on by hand.

6. My app "Battery Guru" seems to have lost what it learned although the data was untouched by the upgrade. Will have to start over here.

Still evaluating "My Device" will be back later with more if I find anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellofello