Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-30-22-13-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-30-22-13-28.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 66

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&T S5 software update today

My S5 definitely feels a bit snappier after this latest update. If we want to be extremely picky, I'd go so far as to say that whatever lag the device had (albeit very little), is completely gone now.

Anyone else notice?

DacyJ

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site

I'm still having trouble installing it is gets to about 25% loaded and then reboots and says this.

Posted via Nokia 6230 (I play snake)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-01-20-18-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-01-20-18-32.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 55

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

My S5 definitely feels a bit snappier after this latest update. If we want to be extremely picky, I'd go so far as to say that whatever lag the device had (albeit very little), is completely gone now.

Anyone else notice?

Yes, I seem to notice this too but it might be a bit too early to tell. So far though unlocking my phone blazing fast hasn't yet required me to try several times or slow down and so far a few phone calls in I haven't yet had the slide to answer not answering issue. But, my favorites are now only grid based icons and they've removed the option for list/grid view in the settings. For no good reason apparently.

Rev.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

The word today from both AT&T and Samsung is that the latest release "broke towelroot".

AugustArborists

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site

Just ran An Tu Tu on my Active (with last week's update). Sorry, didn't do one before the update.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-02-11-30-24[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-02-11-30-24[1].jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 50

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Update showed up on my phone this morning, no issues installing. I just figured it was patches to ensure that their cloud services are protected.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

Ever since the update I have noticed my S5 popping a dialogue box up at the bottom of my screen that says "This sound effect only works on bluetooth headsets" or something like that. Comes up randomly and A LOT. Anyone else seeing this? The net has nothing about it at all. It shows up even when no sound is meant to play. Starting to drive me guano because it blocks my keyboard sometimes.

Boom! From My S5

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

Ever since the update I have noticed my S5 popping a dialogue box up at the bottom of my screen that says "This sound effect only works on bluetooth headsets" or something like that. Comes up randomly and A LOT. Anyone else seeing this? The net has nothing about it at all. It shows up even when no sound is meant to play. Starting to drive me guano because it blocks my keyboard sometimes.

Boom! From My S5

I have never seen that message and I'm updated.

here4kids

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

a change that was pointed out to me is that you can now assign camera tasks (like zoom, take photo) to the volume rocker switch.

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

Im getting a notification about this update. My phone is rooted I havnt done anything. Is it safe to update. Y am I even getting notified of the update while rooted. What to do?

Posted from galaxyS5

billdroid

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

I had the same problems as above not being able to install the ang update --download,install, go to 25% then 32%, then back to 0%, then to 32% then installation failed. After much handwringing, hair pulling, 2 hours on the phone with AT&T, 30 minutes on with Samsung, one trip to BestyBuy, another trip to BestBuy it installed completely by accident. None of the above had a clue and the best advice was wait a month or two and it may work. I have S5, new, not rooted, vanilla phone. Last night at BestBuy Samsung Experience Center the young man didn't even know about the update. I showed him on the web and showed him the posts of some people having the same problem. He was frustrated and in that state he reinstalled 4.4.2. We downloaded the update, but i said to continue later because I had to go to work. An hour later I connected to the school wifi and said to install the update and magically it did so. It may be the combination of reinstalling 4.4.2 and waiting and hour or so to install the update or a variation of this. It may be worth a try. It did work for me.

steve Sharra

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site

Thats what i did , went to best buy and they installed the 4.4.2 again. Shortly after i got the update message and worked. I think if your rooted it wont update which was the case for me even though i unrooted with super user it still wasnt fully unrooted...

Posted via the Android Central App

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

Anyone think we'll get 4.4.4 given that Verizon just sent out their update? Actually I'd like to see AT&T concentrate on "L" and drop any effort on 4.4.4

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

Boom! From My S5
Clearing the cache seems to fix these types of odd bugs, especially after an update. Boot into recovery and clear cache.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

Yep, I did do that. From spending time on here its one of the first things I do when my phone acts a goat. It went away on its own in the days since, either that or I just don't notice anymore since it happened so much.

reddog801

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

My S5 Active on AT&T just got done with the update and it did upgrade to Android version 4.4.4. Ran AnTuTu Benchmark and my SM-G870A got 42713 with the applied update.

Eric

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali