AT&T Update 7/9

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Makes sense but why could I do just that on the Moto X 2014 with AT&T?

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

Did you but it from AT&T or Motorola? If you bought it from Moto unlocked or just from Moto period then it may have not had AT&T modifications built into the firmware.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the update. After the download was complete, I got a message stating "new update postponed 6:21pm". Not losing any sleep over it. It's a very minor update. You probably won't notice anything

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Did you but it from AT&T or Motorola? If you bought it from Moto unlocked or just from Moto period then it may have not had AT&T modifications built into the firmware.

Bought it from Moto website but it was for AT&T and was branded with AT&T logo.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

dpw2atox

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently installing the update on my AT&T S6 Edge right now, I really am disappointed to see that it isn't 5.1. Hopefully at least there are some other improvements besides the 2 things listed above.

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
All i got was another useless app. Something called "Theme Store". What the heck something else to have to stop and disable. Not sure if its a samsung or att item but either way its crap

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy S6 edge, 32gb here. Update installed this morning. No noticiable changes although I have seen my Private Mode come back in quick links. Chrome hasn't crashed since but I'll keep looking. Update was just under 147mb for me. Build ending in OF3.

Looks like AT&T is pushing out an update starting today.

Have you received it? Noticing any changes?

WBSnow

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
This morning, I had an update. This evening, when I came home, I updated my Samsung Galaxy S4 and the update came through. I will share my experience(s).

Posted via the Android Central App

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
It's a small updates that does pretty much two behind the scenes things. I doubt anyone will see anything different. Why they didn't just stuff it in with 5.1.1 I'll never know but it does have been thinking that 5.1.1 is still a ways off if they didn't just wrap this in with that one.

If the Note 5 is launching in August with 5.1.1 then we may see 5.1.1 for the S6 after that. AT&T seems to like releasing updates for phones after the newest flagships launch.

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
The "theme store" has been on the phone since day 1. Its found under settings, personal, themes. Its a Samsung feature and not AT&T. It also doesn't run unless you actually open it so I don't know why you need to "disable" it....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred