Atrix adds ALL pics to gallery when copied to phone

dervari

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I copy a pic to the phone, be it Phone Portal, direct USB copy, download, or Bluetooth, the phone will always add the downloaded pic to the gallery. This happens even when I save it to a hidden (dotted) folder that has a .nomedia file in it. I have to download to one location and copy to another hidden folder with .nomedia to get the picture removed from the gallery.

Is there any way to stop the phone from automatically adding any picture to the gallery?

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The media scanner does this by looking at the file type of all files on the xd card. The only way i know is to put the pictures in a folder that is hidden from the media scanner. Frustrating, I know.

dervari

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
If I copy/download them to the phone, they show up regardless of the folder visibility to the media scanner. If I move them to another folder hidden from the media scanner, they go away. I wonder why I can't download directly into a hidden folder....

jstaylor62

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
If I copy/download them to the phone, they show up regardless of the folder visibility to the media scanner. If I move them to another folder hidden from the media scanner, they go away. I wonder why I can't download directly into a hidden folder....

So now, Congressman Weiner is trying to figure out how to hide photos on his phone...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana