att employee

LowOnCash

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
hi im an att employee and am new to this forum. have had an android phone for a few months now. using the samsung captivate. if anyone has any questions about rate plans or features data packages or anything like that, feel free to ask. though i cannot give you info about your own account, i may be able to help answer some questions.

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Can you tell us why the Atrix requires a tethering plan to use the laptop dock? The laptop dock will not work without the phone, so I can't understand the $20 tethering charge.

LowOnCash

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
you need the tethering package to use the full firefox web browser to view sites like hulu and others that will not work on a phone browser. you can use the atrix on the laptop dock without the tethering package using the phones browser, but it wont be the full web experience.

same thing goes for the tv dock. if you get the tethering package you get to use the full web browser, but if not you use the phones web browser.

i think this is what i heard from the motorola reps, but i might be wrong, i will double check and update.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterrekroesbergen