ATT HTC One M7 Straight Talk MMS issue

jake124490

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so this may be hard to explain, but I will try my best.

I have an AT&T HTC One M7 that I use a Straight Talk micro SIM card with. I recently switched over from my Note 2 because it was time for a change. After activation, setting up the APN and transferring all my data over, I have an issue. The MMS on my phone does not work, nothing goes in or out. My internet and SMS work perfectly, but not MMS. I researched the problem and according to what I found, it is because the phone I have is the AT&T model and since the 4.4.2 update, it is impossible to delete the stock AT&T APN. I guess the stock APN messes with the custom one but thats besides the point. According to what I have read, I would need to root and delete the APN from the list manually. I would prefer not to do this so I want to know what my options are, I need MMS to work, and I am 110% positive my APN settings aren't the issue. My Note 2 worked just fine, no problems, I no longer own it so I can't go back to it unfortunately.

If I bought the unlocked version of the HTC One M7, would everything work?
Does anyone know of a fix that doesn't involve rooting?

Kan sim

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
i have recently bought a pre-owned htc one M7 from a buyer. while installing the software update (4.06.1540.3 ) the phone goes into some white screen and following appears:

***Tampered***
***Unlocked***
M7_U PVT SHIP S-ON RM
H BOOT-1.56.0000RADIO-4A.23.3263.20
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-
eMMC-boot 2040MB
Jan 22 2014, 15:21:20

FASTBOOT AC

BOOTLOADER

REBOOT
REBOOT BOOTLOADER
POWER DOWN

i m unable to install the update and when i click on reboot option under BOOTLOADER then phone gets restarted..

I m not aware if the seller has done something wrong with the phone bcz i m not aware of software language & how can i install the update..
your help is highly appreciated.. thanks

Vanessa Alberty

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so this may be hard to explain, but I will try my best.

I have an AT&T HTC One M7 that I use a Straight Talk micro SIM card with. I recently switched over from my Note 2 because it was time for a change. After activation, setting up the APN and transferring all my data over, I have an issue. The MMS on my phone does not work, nothing goes in or out. My internet and SMS work perfectly, but not MMS. I researched the problem and according to what I found, it is because the phone I have is the AT&T model and since the 4.4.2 update, it is impossible to delete the stock AT&T APN. I guess the stock APN messes with the custom one but thats besides the point. According to what I have read, I would need to root and delete the APN from the list manually. I would prefer not to do this so I want to know what my options are, I need MMS to work, and I am 110% positive my APN settings aren't the issue. My Note 2 worked just fine, no problems, I no longer own it so I can't go back to it unfortunately.

If I bought the unlocked version of the HTC One M7, would everything work?
Does anyone know of a fix that doesn't involve rooting?

GroBro420

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Go to your APN settings, where it says "APN Type" edit and add exactly this:
,tfdata,mms

Thus worked for me after a power off and back on once the apn was saved

Kiddooski

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
This fix did not work for me. Any other ideas? I have been having this issue for months. Tried using other MMS apps w/o luck. Oddly enough GO SMS the app worked for maybe a week and only if I was on the mobile network and not WiFi.

northshorezone

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Add the following into the field "APN type" under the ST APN (for the other apn settings i just used the ones that i got directly from ST): default,admin,fota,mms,supl,hipri (this is what got my mms to work)

smileyfedex

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
hi
I have the htc one m7
could you give me the rest of the settings for straight talk please
I hate dealing with there customer service

thanks in advance

smileyfedex

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi
please make sure you update the phones software there were 2 updates and after doing both of them HTC ONE M7
everything works even mms picture messaging

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney