ATT Update Android 10?

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I've given up for now trying to get the Android 10 update on my S10. Hours of chatting with ATT and Samsung didn't help. The only thing I haven't tried is swapping out the SIM card which seemed to have help others with update issues. I'm holding off now since I've been reading a lot of postings where people have been having problems after upgrading.

Certainly seems like the roll-out is being dragged out.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've given up for now trying to get the Android 10 update on my S10. Hours of chatting with ATT and Samsung didn't help. The only thing I haven't tried is swapping out the SIM card which seemed to have help others with update issues. I'm holding off now since I've been reading a lot of postings where people have been having problems after upgrading.
I finally was able to get Android 10 (as well as several past security updates) to download and install on my S10. What I needed to do, was swap the SIM card in my S10 with a different one (I used the card from my wife's ATT iPad). After making the swap and rebooting, my S10 began downloading the OTA updates. You might try this for your Note. Good luck!

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I finally was able to get Android 10 (as well as several past security updates) to download and install on my S10. What I needed to do, was swap the SIM card in my S10 with a different one (I used the card from my wife's ATT iPad). After making the swap and rebooting, my S10 began downloading the OTA updates. You might try this for your Note. Good luck!

Unfortunately I don't have another ATT SIM card to insert. I talked to customer service a couple days ago. They said they'd push an update and I'd have it within 48 hours. Not surprisingly it's now been over 48 hours and still waiting.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't have another ATT SIM card to insert. I talked to customer service a couple days ago. They said they'd push an update and I'd have it within 48 hours. Not surprisingly it's now been over 48 hours and still waiting.
They told me that same thing when they pushed the update to my phone (3 times).For me, changing the SIM card was the only thing that worked.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
They never do it. One rep even told me that my phone had to have that particular software number on my phone already before I could update. I've been having update issues with Att since my 8s plus. I thought it was just my bad luck. I've been having to ODIN ( already saw that you couldn't do that ) all the latest updates.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
They never do it. One rep even told me that my phone had to have that particular software number on my phone already before I could update. I've been having update issues with Att since my 8s plus. I thought it was just my bad luck. I've been having to ODIN ( already saw that you couldn't do that ) all the latest updates.

Yeah, this is not the first time they told me they'd do it and nothing happened. Just in case, I tried again tonight. That person told me it would be pushed to me within an hour. Been over an hour and of course, nothing.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, this is not the first time they told me they'd do it and nothing happened. Just in case, I tried again tonight. That person told me it would be pushed to me within an hour. Been over an hour and of course, nothing.

Talked to another person yesterday who said they'd have it to me in 2-4 hours. Unsurprisingly, nothing came from it. Then today, they bounced me around, and third person claimed they couldn't do anything because the phone was purchased from Best Buy. Told me it didn't have AT&T software. I call BS on that. To my knowledge it's no different from ones purchased through AT&T. Not only is it AT&T locked, but of course it had the AT&T box, says AT&T when I turn it on, and has all of the AT&T bloatware.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site

I wish I could do Odin on a Mac. Just realized it's not just a matter of not having Android 10, but I am still on the August security patch that came with the phone. This is just ridiculous. AT&T tells me it's a Samsung problem. Samsung tells me it's an AT&T problem. uBreakiFix is my next stop to see if I can get update flashed. I'm not optimistic.

Interestingly enough, I am remembering this same thing happened with my first Samsung, the S7, which was also purchased from Best Buy (AT&T branded also though). My s8 and N9 came from Target and Costco respectively, and I don't recall having the same issue. Probably just a coincidence, but I don't know. Google search shows this is not a new issue with AT&T Samsung phones, but not sure it's specific to where they were purchased.