Audible widget issues on samsung

anon(8567512)

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
I am currently on a samsung galaxy s20 fe 5g. I was previously using galaxy note 10+. A few months ago, still on the note 10+, the audible widget started getting wonky. If I closed all apps, the audiobook disappeared from the widget. I had to manually open audible every time I want to restart my book. Even if I don't close all apps, I can rarely get the book to start back up from the widget if I leave my car and then come back on the car later. I have had the widget restart my book multiple times as well just from hitting play. I had hoped that when I got a new phone the issues would go away, but they persist on the new phone, which had Android 10 and now has 11 with no difference in the widget functioning between the two.

Any ideas or anyone else with this issue? The audible widget has become completely unusable for me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the S20 forum since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Have you already tried turning off Battery Optimization for Audible in Settings>Apps​?

anon(8567512)

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
As I mentioned in my other thread, sorry for the late reply, but needed to be on a computer to reply. Your solution worked. I didn't even realize that the phone optimizer must do that. I need to go through my apps now and see how many other apps have been affected that way. Thanks so much for the help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Great! Let us know if the problem comes back, though, because the Battery Optimization setting isn't always the answer.

Pallastein

Jun 18, 2021
Visit site
I tried this with my Samsung Note 20 but it didn't work. I uninstalled the widget, removed battery optimization from Audible, and installed the widget directly from the app. Can you share alternative fixes?

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair