Auto connect to Home Wi-Fi not working?

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
As the title suggests my pixel XL 2 stopped auto connecting to my home network. I tried turning that option on and off again, forgetting the network, and reconnecting still no go. Anyone else having this issue??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it auto-connecting to some other network preferentially (like "xfinitywifi"), or does it just remain disconnected, despite the wi-fi radio being turned on?

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Is it auto-connecting to some other network preferentially (like "xfinitywifi"), or does it just remain disconnected, despite the wi-fi radio being turned on?

If I turn on WiFi it connects no problem to my home network. I was just used to it connecting to my home network automatically when I would get home, even with WiFi off

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is your Wi-Fi Scanning turned off in Settings>Location>Scanning? It looks like the Turn On Wi-fi Automatically option isn't possible unless Wi-Fi Scanning is also turned on.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Is your Wi-Fi Scanning turned off in Settings>Location>Scanning? It looks like the Turn On Wi-fi Automatically option isn't possible unless Wi-Fi Scanning is also turned on.

Yep! Everything is turned on. Scanning, and the connect automatically is checked. Idk what is causing it to not connect automatically.

onlyblade

Oct 16, 2018
Visit site
Hi all,

Samsung S9+ / Oreo 8
WiFi does not automatically turn on near saved networks any more.
Have tried:
-restart phone
-reset network settings
-put on airplane mode
-make hotspot
-uncheked the option, restart the phone,check the option
When i turn the WiFi manually it Auto-connects to the saved network.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Samsung S9+ / Oreo 8
WiFi does not automatically turn on near saved networks any more.
You may want to try the Samsung groups since the feature implementation may be different on that phone OS.
Anyway, I always leave Wi-Fi turned on so I never have a problem connecting to saved networks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Onlyblade, is wifi scanning enabled? If it's not scanning, it won't know that it's near your home wifi. Either wifi or scanning has to be turned on.

Todd Warren2

Dec 7, 2018
Visit site
:-X I have this same issue and the reboot did not work, including after the latest OS update applied. Wifi scanning is enabled. Wifi does turn on when around other saved networks (work), but not my home network. Pixel 2 Android version 9 build PQ1A.181105.017.A1.

Ravenwjf

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
So I am having this issue as well on my Pixel 3 XL. I can connect to other networks automatically but not mine, and I am wondering if it's because I have my SSID hidden and not broadcasting? Anyone else not connecting have their Network hidden?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering if it's because I have my SSID hidden and not broadcasting?
I remember seeing some mention of an additional setting that you have to select if your SSID is hidden. If you search through this forum you should come across it.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I remember seeing some mention of an additional setting that you have to select if your SSID is hidden. If you search through this forum you should come across it.

That was me. This is on Pie so it won't apply to the Samsung posted about above. When connecting to the network you have to select to see the advanced options and it's the last item there...