Autocorrect on lg g4

Scumperjumper

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Hey all. The autocorrect on the lg g4 sucks. I got the Google keyboard. But I cannot get a dedicated number row...I found a way but it sucks. Its where I use the English PC keyboard..... but on my friends lg g5 the autocorrect is by Google and she uses the stock lg keyboard which is a good keyboard.A and the auto correct in the g5 is superb But on my g4 the keyboard is good but the autocorrect sucks.... please help. I need a number row please help

Posted via the Android Central App

TheChosenDoge

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Google Keyboard is excellent and now has one handed typing and dedicated number line! Go Google KB

Attachments

• 1463910835482.jpg
    1463910835482.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 31

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Wait a minute, how did you get the number line on Google KB? I just updated it yesterday and I don't get the option to have the number line? Where is the option to display it? Thanks.

MobileNick

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
The only time I get a number row in Google Keyboard is when typing into a password field. In that case, the suggestion word row is replaced by the number row. That's how it looks to me in the above screenshot although it is clearly not in a password field. No clue how that happened.

I love the features of the new Google Keyboard but also find the auto correct a bit wonky (I have it set so that pressing spacebar automatically enters the corrected word). Sometimes it autocorrects gibberish typing and sometimes it does not.

Scumperjumper

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I saw that, so I switched from Google to stock lg and it still was bad. It switches the easiest words like "only" to "in me" and "idk" to "I'm".

tphg

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
How did you get the number row???

I have the same question. After trying various versions of Google KB, I found that with its latest version, we could not get the number row auto appears when typing password field like before. I don't know why Google removes this useful option.
The last version that we still could get the number row is 5.0.20.121473290, you can search and download it on APK mirror, but using this version the language for my country disappear in add-on dictionary. I think because Google is trying to stop people from using the old version of Google KB. Hope there is any modder here can help to bring the number row to the latest Google KB.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Download the APK to your phone.
Go to Settings/general/security, turn on the "allow unknown sources"
Using a file manager, select the APK you downloaded and install it.
When done, uncheck the "allow unknown sources".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23