Back ordered?

brandon12777

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I ordered online at like 12:20 June 2nd and got this email right after placing my order.
Anyone else in the same boat?

Dear BRANDON,

The Sprint items listed below from your order are either on pre-order or temporarily out of stock:

If you pre-ordered an HTC EVO? 4G LTE, we?ll do our best to get it to you before others get a glimpse on Friday, May 18 and we?ll send you an email the second it ships.

Order Line Details
----------------------------------
Product Details: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Quantity: 1
SKU: APX325CKT
Promotion Code:

Promotion Code:

We apologize for the delay and inconvenience. We will ship any items that are out of stock immediately after they are received at our warehouse.

You may view the status of your order by visiting Sprint | Check Your Order Status. Simply enter your order number oy-shso-689019644 and click 'go' to verify the status and to track your shipment.

Sweetz304

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I ordered online at like 12:20 June 2nd and got this email right after placing my order.
Anyone else in the same boat?

Dear BRANDON,

The Sprint items listed below from your order are either on pre-order or temporarily out of stock:

If you pre-ordered an HTC EVO? 4G LTE, we?ll do our best to get it to you before others get a glimpse on Friday, May 18 and we?ll send you an email the second it ships.

Order Line Details
----------------------------------
Promotion Code:

Promotion Code:

We apologize for the delay and inconvenience. We will ship any items that are out of stock immediately after they are received at our warehouse.

You may view the status of your order by visiting Sprint | Check Your Order Status. Simply enter your order number oy-shso-689019644 and click 'go' to verify the status and to track your shipment.

Brandon...I believe it is on backorder now, but you may want to remove the link to your order and your order number from your post. Anyone can now have access to your order.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
That sucks it went so quickly. I walked into the Sprint store and picked up 2 of them yesterday. Luckily they had plenty in stock (although I think I was like the third customer that morning).

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Treadhead

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I got the same reply after ordering at 7:30am Saturday. I talked to customer care on chat and they assured me it was not on backorder and that the email was a mistake. It is from the pre-order (notice the May 18th date). We shall see though.

mysterfix

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Don't feel too bad guys. There seems to be a lot of nonsense going on regarding stock status and when certain stores will be getting shipments.

I preordered thru bestbuy on the 31st and they promptly sent me a backorder notification! So I called them yesterday to cancel since I was notified by sprint that they had phones ready to go.

Once I was on the phone with customer service they told me that my prefered store had some in stock and transfered my order to in store pick up. So I wait for my email but never got one, called the store and they said they did have them in stock and I could come pick one up. On there website it shows as unavailable in all but 4 stores within 50 miles of me.

Apparently bestbuy employees were given a "no pick" order from the higher ups. Meaning the phones are just sitting in limbo unless you physically go down to the store ask for one. You also can not get the $50 discount until they lift the no pick order.

Sprint stores are also hit and miss, my local store says they don't have any and don't know when they'll get them. 2 weeks was there best guess lol.

I got my phone today at a different bestbuy minus the $50 discount.

cliberti

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I got the same. I may get it later though cause I did order through their employee referral program online and I know they usually ship these last. I am getting a bit of a discount though which makes the deal even better

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Dear Brandon,
Apparently your Sprint order has been changed and a new BlackBerry? Curve? 8330 should arrive tomorrow. Please enjoy your new mobile device.

:p

Reactions: Judynnnn

brandon12777

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I got my UPS tracking number today from Sprint. Looks like they might be right!

Sweet, I ordered 7ish hours before you but no tracking number and mine still shows back-ordered as status.

This is the kinda crap that infuriates me with sprint. At least one of us will get phones in a timely matter.

Treadhead

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Sweet, I ordered 7ish hours before you but no tracking number and mine still shows back-ordered as status.

This is the kinda crap that infuriates me with sprint. At least one of us will get phones in a timely matter.

Dude! That ain't right at all. Have you checked with customer care? Give that a try if you haven't.

cliberti

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I got my shipped notice as well. Too bad it is coming tomorrow and can't be home. Guess I will have to try to get out of work early so I can pick it up from UPS.

Treadhead

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Mine arrived Tuesday sometime while I was asleep ( I work midnights). It was a nice surprise when I woke up and found it on the porch. This thing is nice!

mcalistor

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I got my shipped notice as well. Too bad it is coming tomorrow and can't be home. Guess I will have to try to get out of work early so I can pick it up from UPS.

Sign up for a ups account (free) and authorize them to leave the package without a signature; if you're cool with leaving it unattended until you get home.