back to stock for a bit

ekinnyc

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
i think i wanna take a break from custom roms for now - been increasingly unhappy with aokp/franco (phone gets super hot, terrible battery life even though everyone raves about franco r283 - im just not getting the same performance)

how do i unroot/relock (to clear out the cobwebs), then reroot/unlock but leave it rooted with stock VZW JB?

i noticed that theres now a mac version of galaxy toolkit, which is intriguing, but has anyone used it? i see it only gives an option to relock to vzw 4.0.4 - if i do that, upgrade to 4.1.1 OTA, can i reroot then? also, what the heck is odin? i see theres an option in the toolkit: "Install Stock Jelly Bean / Unroot to Stock Jelly Bean [Odin for Mac]"

sorry, its been a while, i thought id better ask

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Read this sticky: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...rn-stock-factory-images-vzw-galaxy-nexus.html

Better than using a toolkit, IMO. He even posted a video of taking someone back to stock. I've done it on my N7 (basically all the same commands as the GNex) and it is very painless.

Edit: for reference that post links to the stock 4.1.1 image so you'll be fully updated (to at least what has been released to AOSP for our phones).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana