Back to stock so I can return my phone.

stayqued

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
As stated I want to exchange the fascinate for another due to screen scratches, using the wacky GPS as an excuse.

A few questions first:

After I flash all the files in the "back to stock" sticky in this forum, will I have to manually remove SU and all my Root based apps?

What will happen to ROM manager and clockword restore?

For paid apps like Rom manager, will I have to pay again to get the program on a different phone?

stayqued

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Also, after some reading it seems as if, because I haven't deleted any bloatware, that I might be able to simply go and do a factory reset to return to bone stock.

Can anyone confirm this?

Similarly, will this eliminate all root apps and clockwork restore?

stayqued

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Also, after some reading it seems as if, because I haven't deleted any bloatware, that I might be able to simply go and do a factory reset to return to bone stock.

Can anyone confirm this?

Similarly, will this eliminate all root apps and clockwork restore?

So I wanted to go back to bone stock, unrooted to exchange the phone.

Might be worth noting that once rooted I deleted some system files, then restored them invidividually from the system dump. This was successful, but leaves with with malfunctioning NFS and tetris.

Did factory reset- successful
then entered ADB to remove su, busybox, and superuser.apk.
removed su and busybox, but not superuser, and exited, not realizing I could not later delete Superuser.apk without root.
Root disabled on phone, but SU icon still present.

Attempted re-root 4 times so I can delete superuser, and get the same hang up and freeze each time.

Gets to the point where it says "unlock phone and wait"
Unlock phone
"Wait 3 minutes...etc."

And then the phone freezes at the lock screen at this point, and I have to pull the battery.

It does go beyond this point at the cmd prompt, however, all the way to the end, where it sayus "attempting to install perm. files..." but then gives me

device not found (five times)

and brings me to the "hit any button screen"

Please advise.

beto89

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
why didnt you just use Odin and the system files to flash your phone back to stock? Super easy, just dl the files, run odin, and you are back to stock. Thats the route I went to return my sisters fascinate.

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
why didnt you just use Odin and the system files to flash your phone back to stock? Super easy, just dl the files, run odin, and you are back to stock. Thats the route I went to return my sisters fascinate.

Yes, do this. I suggest you go to settings - privacy - system reset. Then flash stock kernel, stock recovery, stock /system via odin. If you can't get to the OS at this point, just flash the odin files first.

It's pretty straightforward, much easier than what you've tried to do already.

stayqued

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Ahhh, I was unsure of whether or not flashing the files would completely eliminate all traces of root.

Thanks for the clarification.