Back to what works... Gingerbread :D

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
My NS4G has become the play phone for my kids. After fighting with numerous little issues on JB, I decided to flash the phone back to I know what works and what this phone was optimized to run on.

Gingerbread 2.3.7

Grabbed my handy factory images and flashed it back. Then loaded up their favorite games and they are pleased as can be. It runs great and nice battery life especially since it's not connected mobile or wifi. Plus it's stable as can be since this device was built around Gingerbread.

Brings back some great memories seeing Gingerbread.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Nah, GB was near perfect IMO for the NS4G. ICS was nice but it showed some weakness in the NS4G with the new code optimized for the Galaxy Nexus and newer.

DevSteven

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I am using the T-Mobile version. While I agree that GB was optimized for the Nexus S, the features included in ICS were well worth it. Many say that ICS ran smotther and faster. But JB was a performance hit.

chestont

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
When my NS4G was my daily driver I would occasionally go back to a Bugless Beast GB ROM because of the stability and smoothness. It was kind of comforting in a way to go back to GB to be honest. I might have stuck it out more if bluetooth tethering was built into GB like it is in 4.xx.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aleftshoe