Backing up your data?

clg82

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Just like the title says, what type of cloud storage are you using to backup your Fold3 data? I used smart switch yesterday when I received it and it didn't pull over all of my pictures (which I found frustrating) so I purchased a lightning to USB C cable to hopefully bring over the rest. Once I get everything off of my old iPhone, what is everyone using that's cloud based to save storage on their Fold3?

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I paid for the $20.00 a year Google One account which has the 100GB storage option. This backs up my Gmail emails, photos/videos, and documents. It also does a complete back up of my Z Fold3. I still used Smart Switch for device settings restoration and connected my Note20 Ultra to my laptop to transfer my photos and videos and then connected my Z Fold3 to the laptop to add back the important photos, making things much more tidy and organized.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I use Google Drive and OneDrive. I have the 100 GB Google Drive plan and the 1 TB OneDrive plan (part of my Microsoft 365 subscription).

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I pay for Office 365 (Family) and for myself and up to 5 others, we get Fully Licensed MS Office (Desktop/Mobile/Tablet) along with 1TB of OneDrive Space (for EACH PERSON (not shared)).

$99.99/year ($9.99/mo) for the family plan (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ivetab%3Dpivot%253Aoverviewtab&token=Z78S-snJ)
$69.99/year ($6.99/mo) for individual plan (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ivetab%3Dpivot%253Aoverviewtab&token=hkjM1QWi)

They have an Edu price, but I have no idea what that is (need a school email addy, I think it's FREE for as long as you are in school).

Honestly, if you are going to pay for more storage and want a LOT, this is, hands down, the best deal.

Also, since Samsung and Microsoft have a partnership, Samsung devices LOVE Office and OneDrive.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just like the title says, what type of cloud storage are you using to backup your Fold3 data? I used smart switch yesterday when I received it and it didn't pull over all of my pictures (which I found frustrating) so I purchased a lightning to USB C cable to hopefully bring over the rest. Once I get everything off of my old iPhone, what is everyone using that's cloud based to save storage on their Fold3?

I get a huge discount through company for One Drive. All family members get 1TB of cloud to backup their photos and among other thing. That is all i'm using and home Cloud once i get home all my devices uploads to my personal cloud.

clg82

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I used the backup that comes stock on the Fold3, but I noticed still that I'm showing a significant amount of storage being used by my movies/photos. With iCloud it would actually STORE them in the cloud. Is the backup on my Fold3 not doing that as well?

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I used the backup that comes stock on the Fold3, but I noticed still that I'm showing a significant amount of storage being used by my movies/photos. With iCloud it would actually STORE them in the cloud. Is the backup on my Fold3 not doing that as well?

Yes, via MS Cloud or Google cloud.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I usually have my Samsung backup in Smart switch PC to transfer over to my New Samsung or Google photos

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I still stand firm that if you are going to pay for extra cloud storage, then the MS Office package is the best deal for the money. :D

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I have 1 TB as a Google Fiber customer, I have 1 TB has a M365 customer and I have unlimited photo backup on Amazon as a Prime customer. Pretty covered on backup.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I have 1 TB as a Google Fiber customer, I have 1 TB has a M365 customer and I have unlimited photo backup on Amazon as a Prime customer. Pretty covered on backup.

Yeah, I have 1TB with O365, 1TB with ProtonMail, but the integration with OneDrive (Phone and Windows PC's) is what I like, although, I would love some features from Google Photo's. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45