Backing Up?

downhillrider

May 17, 2013
Visit site
so after a couple of months with my Unlocked One I think I want to do a factory reset and start from scratch again, now that I have a good handle with Android. There doesnt seem to be a go to place for backing up your Android. That I know of anyways. With my iPhone it was as simple as syncing, with my WindowsPhone I was up a creek because there isnt any real sync option. I have HTC Sync Manager for my Mac but as far as I can tell it just does music and photos which are all backed up on Skydrive and DropBox so that doesnt matter much. What concerns me the most is games. I spent a good amount of money getting my games back up to par with iOS, which means alot of in app purchases and I dont want to lose any of that again. What are my options?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Helium is a good so backup utility. If you pay for it, it'll back up to Drive. Else I'd say make a nand.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
so after a couple of months with my Unlocked One I think I want to do a factory reset and start from scratch again, now that I have a good handle with Android. There doesnt seem to be a go to place for backing up your Android. That I know of anyways. With my iPhone it was as simple as syncing, with my WindowsPhone I was up a creek because there isnt any real sync option. I have HTC Sync Manager for my Mac but as far as I can tell it just does music and photos which are all backed up on Skydrive and DropBox so that doesnt matter much. What concerns me the most is games. I spent a good amount of money getting my games back up to par with iOS, which means alot of in app purchases and I dont want to lose any of that again. What are my options?

Your best bet would be to root your device and get either Helium or Titanium.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
If you're willing to have the Android SDK and to play with Terminal.app commands, you can use adb to backup your phone - settings, apps, apps' data, media content, etc:

I think that that's the method Helium uses, however, with a slightly more friendly interface.

So that's two options to try.

downhillrider

May 17, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the suggestions. I'll give Helium a try, you can backup to Dropbox which is nice. To restore it back to your phone I guess you have to pay 4.99 but it might be worth it. I just wonder why there isnt a universal way to simply backup/sync your android phone.