Backup and Restore

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I often find I need to do a factory reset after installing a new OS. Would you recommend Samsung Cloud Backup or Google Backup? Why?

If the answer is Samsung will my apps be connected to app store or show they were installed by installer?

I used an app last time and I noticed the apps I restored through apk were not connected to Playstore so could not be updated.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I often find I need to do a factory reset after installing a new OS. Would you recommend Samsung Cloud Backup or Google Backup? Why?

If the answer is Samsung will my apps be connected to app store or show they were installed by installer?

I used an app last time and I noticed the apps I restored through apk were not connected to Playstore so could not be updated.

I always use both
But Samsung cloud stores your home screen settings ,music ,texts,phone call history and some others

alodar101

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Thats weird. On my Pixel3xl, I only use google, and it restores the home screen also. I noticed on my note, it does not. I have to think on that....

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
...Samsung SmartSwitch "Backup/Restore" still works and that does Apks! I use all three and between them, I'm usually looking like before the update except for anything occasionally incompatible!
And are those APK linked to Playstore when installed by Samsung backup?