backup application settings w/ ROOT

hackedlove

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I am in a bit of a hurry so i'll make this short.

I have ROOT/SuperUser, and I want to copy the application settings files for my apps AND phone settings to my computer.

so far i've used "adb pull" to transfer the "/system" and "/data" folders to my PC, but they don't seem to have the files i'm looking for.

Basically what I want to do, is to use ADB to pull the files that store my phone's configuration and my Apps' configuration to my PC.

Does anyone know where the files for App settings and the file for phone settings are located on the phone's memory?
All I know is that the files are stored somewhere on the phone's memory and the files can be backed up by the custom recovery menu. (so it could be in system, boot, data, etc...)

oh one more thing, I couldn't check to see if the files might be in "boot" because I couldn't find the directory that "boot" is in.
...it's most likely where the file is x_x

Last edited:

shockdude

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
they're all held in the "data" folder.
however, i strongly recommend using a dedicated backup app instead of trying to do everything manually.
since you're in a hurry, i suggest using "mybackup root" from the market.

hackedlove

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
they're all held in the "data" folder.
however, i strongly recommend using a dedicated backup app instead of trying to do everything manually.
since you're in a hurry, i suggest using "mybackup root" from the market.

yeah but here's the issue...
I have a backup already of the data folder... but when the "data" is restored to my phone, it won't boot.

That is why I'm trying to extract the settings data from the MD5 backup.
make sense? essentially, what I need to do is copy my app and phone settings from the messed up data's MD5 file and put it into the working "data" MD5 file

(by MD5 file i mean the ".img" file encoded with the nandroid.MD5)