Backup & Defragment

HTC3DEvo

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Preface: Generally I do extensive searching prior to posting, however this time I'm in a pickle. My robust EVO slipped to the pavement and mangled the metal trim on the screen rendering it sharp and protruding.

Insurance will give me a new phone however I would like to create a mirror image of the phone. Gmail backs up my numbers and tasks but that's not enough.

Another issue of late, my phone takes time to load texts and is slower than when i purchased it. Which virus scan software or defragment software is recommen?

While making this post I would like to add that this screen is stronger than I anticipated. ZERO SCRATCHES EVEN WITH ROUGH USE AND BEING IN THE SAME POCKET AS KEYS!

Thanks in advance.

jalbrant

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
You don't need to defrag, that's a requirement for Windows PCs with magnetic disks like the previous reply said. Anti virus is completely different. I recommend running Lookout, which isn't necessarily anti-virus, it is anti-malware.

HTC3DEvo

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Defragment was the wrong term, I meant to clear up texts, cache and other non essential files.

As far as backup is concerned, is backup pro the best out there?

jsorryman

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I have been confused about AntiVirus apps as well. Why would you recommend Lookout over something like AVG? Aside from the backup/lost phone stuff? Are there or are there not any advantages to running AntiVirus? If I run AVG for viruses and lookout for malware, will they interfere with each other? Any advantage to running both? That's a lotta words, sorry....

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Defragment was the wrong term, I meant to clear up texts, cache and other non essential files.

As far as backup is concerned, is backup pro the best out there?
Menu-settings -sd and phone storage -make more space
From there you can clear application cache

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I hard reset mine over the weekend because it was running slow and battery life was going down hill.
I backed up ONLY SMS, MMS, Contacts, Calendar and book marks. \
After hard resetting my device, restore the above, then installing my old apps one by one, and setting them up individually, and setting up mail accounts, my EVO 3D is running much more smoothly, faster and i am getting much better battery life.

As far as making an image, you need to root the device and do a nandroid back up. This will make an image of the unit its self.