bad battery life

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

ohyeahar

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I find that there's one surefire way to get significantly longer battery life: Don't play games.

I use my N4 heavily for everything except games: streaming music, watching videos, chatting, email, web browsing, etc. My battery always lasts more than a day.

I find that many games drain enough juice to completely discharge a battery within just a couple hours. Sure, there are exceptions but I find that anything that leverages the GPU will wreck havoc on your battery life.

I do all my gaming at home on the N7.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
is there anyway I could increase my battery life ? it hardly lasts for around 5 or 6 hours on 3g.

This is pretty difficult to answer unless you give more info on how you use the phone. With just about any Android device out there (except the Razr Maxx and maybe some other phone with a similarly giant battery), you're going to get about 3 hours of screen time. Some people can stretch that to 5 hours, though most fall right in that 3 hour time frame, give or take about 30 minutes. How quickly you go through those 3 hours is up to the user. There are a few things that will shorten that screen time...processor intensive things like playing games and streaming video. All of it has very little to do with this particular phone. It's an Android thing. If you want a fast, powerful mini computer in your pocket with a tiny battery, this is the price you pay.

If you're only getting 5 or 6 hours and you hardly use the phone (only getting 1 hour of screen time), then you either have a defective battery, or you have installed some poorly written apps that have some horrendous memory leaks.