Bad sd card. write protected!!!!!!!!

c00l0ne

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I bought this PATRIOT 16G CLASS 4 MICROSDHC ,,,worked for a week. This morning my phone ran out of battery so i charged it. After fully charged 50% of my apps showing "loading" clicked on it ,it says not intalled. Checked settings ,sd card and phone storage, sd card not showing. Removed sd card put it on my pc all files are there. hmmm..so i copied all the files on my desktop. Tried formatting the patriot sd card it saying write protected so I cant format it and yes the tab is not on locked position and I used a thumb drive adapter too. So I grabbed my blank Sandisk 8g sd mini sd card transfered all the files from my desktop and it works. Now im going back to frys and try to get a refund.Just my experienced on this mini sd card I`d like to share.:-\

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
it would probably be best for an exchange. I bought a 16gb as well when I got the Infuse but it was faulty after a few days. Read/Write test confirmed that and I wanted to return but decided on an exchange for a brand new one. The one I returned was an open item so I got a discount. Fry's electronics has a rep for faulty merch and I'm pretty sure it went back into circulation for some other poor shmuck to receive. Got a new one anyways for $5 off :D

c00l0ne

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
it would probably be best for an exchange. I bought a 16gb as well when I got the Infuse but it was faulty after a few days. Read/Write test confirmed that and I wanted to return but decided on an exchange for a brand new one. The one I returned was an open item so I got a discount. Fry's electronics has a rep for faulty merch and I'm pretty sure it went back into circulation for some other poor shmuck to receive. Got a new one anyways for $5 off :D

Yeah i went back and they guy at the customer service tested it and their PC wont even recognize it, definitely faulty,,got my refund. Im buying a different brand somewhere else...That`s sad when they put it back on the shelf for sale again.

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my sandisk 32GB micro sd card on Saturday.I ended up fixing the issue by turning the phone off,pulled the sd card out.Then turned the device on,and turned it back off again,put the card back in,but the downfall was that this issue made me concerned that it would do this again some other time so I did a factory reset.Come to find out after I did the factory reset,that my sd card got reformatted. I ended up losing all my files.You did a good job on backing up your files to your computer,which next time I'll make sure to back up files on my dropbox account or computer.

Reactions: c00l0ne

ssa5

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Funny thing, I had the same exact problem as the OP just yesterday. Bought the same exact card, Patriot 16GB. Bought the card about a week ago, and during this time I would occasionally see problems where the card would not immediately be seen. Constantly seeing the media scanner every time phone comes out of lock mode. Past few days I saw degraded performance on the phone, lock ups, crashes, etc..Then last night while on the phone I went to open an app and was told it was not installed. I rebooted the phone, no luck. Shut the phone down, took out the card and put it in my computer where I see the files just fine, except that the drive is locked. No matter what I tried I just can not re-format the drive. Tried numerous tips on unlocking, nothing worked.

Put back in my 2GB card and everything runs just fine (albeit after having to re-install apps).

Basically this Patriot card I found at Microcenter just sucks for the Infuse, please do NOT get it.