Bad Verizon warranty return experience

rcpa

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
So last Tuesday my phone freaked out and started rebooting every couple of minutes. The reboot would just hang and I would have to pull the battery and reinsert to boot it. Then a couple of minutes later it would reboot again. After four or five times, it finally stopped rebooting, but the fingerprint sensor no longer worked. In fact, when I went to the settings, the entry just said "Security" instead of "Fingerprints & security" and there was no option to set my fingerprint. A couple of reboots later an the fingerprints options showed back up, but the fingerprint sensor doesn't respond, and the power button is flakey. It functions maybe 2 out of 5 times for either turning the phone on or off. At least I can still tap on the screen to turn the screen on or off.

Anyhow, Tuesday night I took it to verizon and they arranged a warranty return. The phone was shipped FedEx and arrived the next day. All was good until I discovered that the battery door latch was broken and wouldn't keep the battery secured.

So Wednesday night, I took the new phone to Verizon and they told me I had to send it back and that the warehouse won't send another phone out until they receive the bad one. Annoying, but reasonable I guess.

Except the return shipping is by UPS Ground. And it's going all the way to Texas from Philadelphia. And here we are 6 days later and it's just now arrived at the UPS in Fort Worth Texas. Hopefully it will be received by the warehouse today and they will FedEx a new one out tonight.

Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
So last Tuesday my phone freaked out and started rebooting every couple of minutes. The reboot would just hang and I would have to pull the battery and reinsert to boot it. Then a couple of minutes later it would reboot again. After four or five times, it finally stopped rebooting, but the fingerprint sensor no longer worked. In fact, when I went to the settings, the entry just said "Security" instead of "Fingerprints & security" and there was no option to set my fingerprint. A couple of reboots later an the fingerprints options showed back up, but the fingerprint sensor doesn't respond, and the power button is flakey. It functions maybe 2 out of 5 times for either turning the phone on or off. At least I can still tap on the screen to turn the screen on or off.

Anyhow, Tuesday night I took it to verizon and they arranged a warranty return. The phone was shipped FedEx and arrived the next day. All was good until I discovered that the battery door latch was broken and wouldn't keep the battery secured.

So Wednesday night, I took the new phone to Verizon and they told me I had to send it back and that the warehouse won't send another phone out until they receive the bad one. Annoying, but reasonable I guess.

Except the return shipping is by UPS Ground. And it's going all the way to Texas from Philadelphia. And here we are 6 days later and it's just now arrived at the UPS in Fort Worth Texas. Hopefully it will be received by the warehouse today and they will FedEx a new one out tonight.

To a certified like new device?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Something doesn't make sense....under normal warranty they usually give you another certified like new device. Fort Worth happens to be where LG is if I'm not mistaken.

rcpa

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
They sent me a certified like new device. The problem was that the replacement device had a broken battery door latch. So they needed to send me a replacement for my replacement. The problem with that is the Verizon guy said they won't send two replacements out at the same time, so they had to receive the bad replacement before they would send out a new replacement.

However the return postage was UPS ground. Which is fine in most circumstances, but not when I have to wait 5 days for them to receive the 1st (bad) replacement so they could send me a new replacement.

But, I received the 2nd replacement yesterday and all is good in the world now.

(However, I'm eyeing the Pixel XL and I might pay off my device and upgrade to one in December or January.)

Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
They sent me a certified like new device. The problem was that the replacement device had a broken battery door latch. So they needed to send me a replacement for my replacement. The problem with that is the Verizon guy said they won't send two replacements out at the same time, so they had to receive the bad replacement before they would send out a new replacement.

However the return postage was UPS ground. Which is fine in most circumstances, but not when I have to wait 5 days for them to receive the 1st (bad) replacement so they could send me a new replacement.

But, I received the 2nd replacement yesterday and all is good in the world now.

(However, I'm eyeing the Pixel XL and I might pay off my device and upgrade to one in December or January.)

Yeah bummer. Coz when they send CLN devices in replacement, you wont be able to get your "new" phone anymore. They say the CLN device was those ones being returned because the owner decided they do not like the phone , those returned before 14D blah blah blah.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463