Ballistic nylon resistence

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Some very minor fraying, been that way since I took it out of the box. Fraying has not spread back past any over woven portions (so no fray is spreading).

Have it on sides and near camera.

I have to hold the phone flat and look at it with a white background to really see any of it, but it does catch the lint in my pockets a lot, lol.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Droid Turbo.

EDIT: Here is a picture of the first one on the day Igot the phone:

ZEWrywr.jpg

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
First, this topic has been discussed, ad nauseam, in other posts in the forum. I'd suggest searching. But, to sum those up, some people have slight fraying at some cut edges of the BN (which seems to be normal), including my phone. However, BN is resilient and the fraying should not get worse. If the errant fibers bug you, you can heat the tip of a pin and carefully try to melt down the fibers, but not worth the hassle or possible risk IMO.

That said, my phone is naked and I have no damage whatsoever after 17 days of ownership. Unless you take a knife to the back of your phone, or drag it over sandpaper repeatedly, it should hold up pretty well.

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
First, this topic has been discussed, ad nauseam, in other posts in the forum. I'd suggest searching. But, to sum those up, some people have slight fraying at some cut edges of the BN (which seems to be normal), including my phone. However, BN is resilient and the fraying should not get worse. If the errant fibers bug you, you can heat the tip of a pin and carefully try to melt down the fibers, but not worth the hassle or possible risk IMO.

That said, my phone is naked and I have no damage whatsoever after 17 days of ownership. Unless you take a knife to the back of your phone, or drag it over sandpaper repeatedly, it should hold up pretty well.

Also, if it does bother you, contact Motorola. They put a note on my account so that if it does worsen over time I have documentation stating that it was not abuse on my part causing the fraying. So we'll see how it looks in a year. I'm betting the same way it looks now :D

geraldo5002

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Sorry MA2GA28. I'm not a native english speaker and didn't even know the word "fraying"... so I could d not search for it. But thanks for the info! ;)

DroidTurbo1

Banned
Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

+1000

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
It's gonna fray eventually and get full of hand cheese and stuff...it's fabric and by that virtue alone it's going to wear. I think some common sense needs to be applied here and if these factors are an issue to you then get the kevlar.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It's gonna fray eventually and get full of hand cheese and stuff...it's fabric and by that virtue alone it's going to wear. I think some common sense needs to be applied here and if these factors are an issue to you then get the kevlar.

A good thing to compare to is luggage. That is also made of BN, I've got a set of bags that have been thrown around and generally abused, and they still look fine. As far as "hand cheese", a toothbrush and a moist wipe should take care of it.

Johnny Fever

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I noted in the store on the display phone there was easily noticeable scuffing on the nylon material. To the point where I was able to pull some of the fibers up and fray them more. I didnt even try that hard, gently pulled it b/c I was curious as was the random customer next to me.We were baffled how easily it got frayed.

Again, I dont know what someone originally did to mar the surface but it was noticible. Im hoping someone really tried hard to mess it up. I dont use cases so thats a potential prob for me...