Battery Break in

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Just got DINC. Several of my friends have the DINC and the battery lasts all day. Could it be that the battery simply needs to be broken in? Or is this a bad batter?

for reference i unplugged the phone at 10am. sent a few texts watched maybe 30s of youtube on wifi and download a small app on wifi. a few minute phone call.

at 11:18 when leaving for work I'm at 87%

Is this about right? Cuz if it is my battery would be dead by 3 or 4 without charging

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
When I got my 1750 mah seidio battery (from amazon.com) I do recall it saying that it needed to go through like 6-8 charge cycles or some thing like that to fully break it in. Which does take a quite a few days.

I would assume the stock battery is the same as well and will need some time to break in. By the end of the week all should be well regarding the battery.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Have you looked at the battery sticky?

li on do not really need a break in, but you might benefit by running the battery to about 20% then charging full to 100% and bump charging once, this kinda re-calibrates the phone/bat

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Change WiFi Sleep Policy to Never. If you're in somewhere that has steady WiFi all day (office, apartment, etc), keep WiFi ON!

Also, get the 1750 mAh battery from Seidio, it helps a bit. And avoid watching videos for long stretches of time... that kills the battery.

Zak8022

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
87% after an hour and a quarter and light use doesn't seem that out of line to me. As someone else mentioned, check out the battery sticky... there's alot of drama around the Inc's battery. I won't get into the drama here, but from your description I don't think its a bad battery.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the 1800 mAh battery and it works great for me. I can get a full day with it. I also charge nightly because it is my only phone. The Incredible is a great device.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
wifi off. bt off. gps off. sync is on. 3g on. display 30s automatic

look at the apps juice defender and superpower.

Also what are your sync intervals? I don't have facebook or twitter sync. The weather syncs every 3 hours, email syncs every 15 minutes from 8am to 10:30pm and during the night syncs every hour (I'm thinking of just having it not sync during the night now).

Wifi uses less power than 3G so if you have wifi turn it on always. If you have one of the above apps they'll take care of excess wifi/eg on times.

I'd recommend turning your 3G and wifi off when you sleep. You'll save some battery and do you really need your phone to sync and be constantly connected when you're sleeping? You still get texts and phone calls so no worries there. Just turn wifi or 3G on when you wake up.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
well when i sleep i have it plugged in.

i know wifi uses less power than 3g but i though you should have it turn off after 15 minutes. i have facebook set to once a day. news set to manual. and weather set to 3 hours. i use the gmail app which is push. so there isn't much syncing when the phone is sleeping.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
well when i sleep i have it plugged in.

i know wifi uses less power than 3g but i though you should have it turn off after 15 minutes. i have facebook set to once a day. news set to manual. and weather set to 3 hours. i use the gmail app which is push. so there isn't much syncing when the phone is sleeping.

If you charge when you sleep you should bump charge in the morning when you get up. From what I've read, once the phone reaches 100% charge it stops charging completely and runs off battery, no trickle charge at all. So if the phone is 100% charged at 2AM it's stop charging and run off the battery from then on. That's why it'll drop from 100% as soon as you unplug from the charger to 95%-85% in no time.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reality3020