Battery death

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I also filed a Nexus Protect claim. It was no fuss. Replacement device is being overnighted. While I'm interested in Pixel 2, I'd like my 6P to last for the remainder of the support window. I still really like my 6P.

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
My 6P goes from >32% to 0% instantly if I attempted any type of battery intense activity in that range. YouTube video? Instant death. Large Drive upload? Instant death

If I plugged it in for 5 minutes and boot it I am back to 37% almost instantly. When I look at the battery graph, there is literally a vertical line from 32% to 0%.

This happened on Android N and has continued to happen on Android O over the past few weeks. I am about to strap a portable charger to my phone.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
That's typical of the 6P when it's battery is worn out. Install Accubattery, give it a few days to calibrate and then look at the battery health. My 6P's battery was down to 40% capacity, the phone was close to unusable. I have the extended warranty so I got a replacement, it was a refurb but the battery is new. Accubattery is now saying that the battery capacity of my replacement 6P is 107%.

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi Everyone!

Apparently my battery is done.. It's been a couple of days now that not even 30 minutes after I unplug it that my phone goes from 100%(2 minutes later 98% and I only use whatsapp) and then goes not even lasting for 4 hours to 84 to now as of 2pm being at 36% and I haven't even used my phone only for texting on whatsapp again 2 hours ago...

Attached screenshort of Accubattery 2 minutes after unplugging it this morning 7am. Please help I am seriously thinking of getting a new phone....19619358_10209761382533947_727501113_o.jpg

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Have you tried disabling WhatsApp (traditionally a bit "power hungry")?
Or consider a factory reset?

I turned off my "always on" WiFi, which apparently is hosed again, from the June update, it was draining my phone like crazy again. The April-May updates fixed this, I had been able to leave my WiFi "always on", but had to revert to "only when charging" again, Google seems to be tweaking something in this area, back/forth, from patch-to-patch monthly.
I'm hoping "O" will smooth this out some.

Granted, it does seem like your drain issue a bit more pervasive, but I'd sure try a reset, before I bailed on the device...

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Apparently my battery is done.
What does the Health tab in AccuBattery show you? It should look something like this:
d85b3a2104a21f987c50f38ce7789e65.jpg

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
Here what it says this morning. Yesterday for the first time I had to charge it 3 times and I didn't even use it..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170630-083030.jpg
    Screenshot_20170630-083030.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 23

nomzamo999

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Here what it says this morning. Yesterday for the first time I had to charge it 3 times and I didn't even use it..
It takes a few day's worth of charges for AccuBattery to build up an accurate model of your battery health. Stick with it for a week or so and see what it says then.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It's been a couple of days now that not even 30 minutes after I unplug it that my phone goes from 100%(2 minutes later 98% and I only use whatsapp) and then goes not even lasting for 4 hours to 84 to now as of 2pm being at 36% and I haven't even used my phone only for texting on whatsapp again 2 hours ago.
We'll need more information than what you've provided to tell what might be going on - there's lots of reasons your battery might be draining rapidly when you aren't using the phone a lot. How about this - fully charge the phone, use it normally without any incremental charge cycles until it gets down to about 30% and then capture screenshots from:
- Settings -> Battery (the lower portion under the subheading 'Use since last full charge'
- Settings -> Battery -> History details (tap on the graph to get to this view)
- You could try installing GSam Battery Monitor Pro https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm.pro&token=HImSQMWs (there's also a free version) to track power usage, but to really be useful you'd want to enable all the statistics which requires use of ADB; maybe you don't want to go through that at this time
- You could also try fully charging the phone and then reboot into Safe mode and just let the phone sit overnight while you sleep. When you wake up it should only have used a few percent of battery life.

opuntia2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
After a year and a half my 6P was definitely showing signs of really quick battery drain and shutting off at 30%. I did a clean wipe but that didn't help (and was a pain). After 1 week of Accubattery it shows a health of only 31% (yikes). So of course I called Google and I'll have my new/refurbished phone this Wednesday. Hope it has a good battery, but even if it's health is 60% it would a 100% improvement :)

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Nexus 6P for about 14 months now. Whilst the phone is great, we all know that battery life has been the biggest let-down. Ever since I got my phone I've had to charge it at least once a day, often twice. However, over the last couple of weeks the battery seems to have fallen off a cliff. I'm now having to charge my phone at every opportunity. This morning the battery has dropped from full to 32% in less than 4 hours, with just one game of Rummikub, a few emails read as this message. Has anybody else's 6P suffered a similar fate? I've still got 10 months on my contract and can't afford to replace the phone, so I guess I'm going to have to fork out and replace the battery. Bummer.

Sell the Nexus 6P and get a V20. This was my biggest fear when buying a phone with sealed battery. You can try to replace the battery yourself, just watch a Youtube tutorial. Might be a little tricky and risky.

nomzamo999

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Sell the Nexus 6P and get a V20. This was my biggest fear when buying a phone with sealed battery. You can try to replace the battery yourself, just watch a Youtube tutorial. Might be a little tricky and risky.
Would be nice, it's a decent phone. Alas, it was never released here in the UK. I've directly imported handsets before, but it's a warranty minefield and insurance companies won't touch them.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I've had my replacement 6P for a month, Accubattery is still showing battery health at 106%. It's a real joy to have a phone that works compared to my original 6P which had become unusable. If you are covered by the extended warranty it's definitely worth getting a replacement even though it will be a refurb.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Nexus 6P for about 14 months now. Whilst the phone is great, we all know that battery life has been the biggest let-down. Ever since I got my phone I've had to charge it at least once a day, often twice. However, over the last couple of weeks the battery seems to have fallen off a cliff. I'm now having to charge my phone at every opportunity. This morning the battery has dropped from full to 32% in less than 4 hours, with just one game of Rummikub, a few emails read as this message. Has anybody else's 6P suffered a similar fate? I've still got 10 months on my contract and can't afford to replace the phone, so I guess I'm going to have to fork out and replace the battery. Bummer.

Sorry to hear about that. Phones grow on us overtime, and we know they don't last forever. Have you though about watching a YouTube tutorial and replacing the battery yourself? What are your thoughts now on sealed batteries and does this make you think about removable batteries as an option for future purchases?

nomzamo999

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to hear about that. Phones grow on us overtime, and we know they don't last forever. Have you though about watching a YouTube tutorial and replacing the battery yourself? What are your thoughts now on sealed batteries and does this make you think about removable batteries as an option for future purchases?
Hi. Yeah I have watched some YouTube videos on swapping the battery, and the Nexus 6P seems to be about the worst of the worst for ease of doing it. I love the phone in every other detail, and I'll be sorry to see it go. My experience with the 6P has indeed made me think that removable battery is the way to go for my next phone. It'd have to be one hell of a great phone with a fixed battery to make me even consider buying it. It's a shame, because I had a Nexus 5 before the 6P and never had a problem with the battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hackemail