smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
This is the best battery life I've had since I got this phone! What I did

- Change my theme to a darker theme
- Put a lot of apps to sleep automatically
- Turned off animations
- Turned off 120hz and put it on 60hz (with 120hz I was getting 6-7hrs but now I'm getting 8hrs. It makes a noticeable difference imo)Screenshot_20200909-213338_Device care.jpg

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Animations definitely affect battery because it uses slightly more CPU to do, and imagine having animations on everything you press. If you want to completely turn animations off (which will save more battery), turn on developer options.

Clockworkz

Sep 8, 2020
Visit site
So if you live in the US you have snapdragon? I checked imei.info and it says I have the exynos 990??

Battery doesn't seem too bad but tomorrow I will do a true test to see how it lasts from when I wake up to when it dies.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So if you live in the US you have snapdragon? I checked imei.info and it says I have the exynos 990??

Battery doesn't seem too bad but tomorrow I will do a true test to see how it lasts from when I wake up to when it dies.
All US version are snap dragon.

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Animations definitely affect battery because it uses slightly more CPU to do, and imagine having animations on everything you press. If you want to completely turn animations off (which will save more battery), turn on developer options.
Where do you go for that? So it's worth turning it all off?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Where do you go for that? So it's worth turning it all off?
Go to Settings About Phone Software Information tap on "Build Number" 7 times

It will save batter if you turn it off, but imo the phone feels weird with 0 animations. I lowered mine to .5x speed instead of 1x which was the default. You can turn it all off if its good for you

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Go to Settings About Phone Software Information tap on "Build Number" 7 times

It will save batter if you turn it off, but imo the phone feels weird with 0 animations. I lowered mine to .5x speed instead of 1x which was the default. You can turn it all off if its good for you
Nice one thanks

Didn't realise you could make all apps go to dark mode by forcing it too

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
So far going on almost two weeks my not 20 is doing much better than my 10+ did as far as the battery goes. I can get a 12 hour day with heavy use and end up with 10% battery left at the end of the night without charging during the day.

sp44

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
So far going on almost two weeks my not 20 is doing much better than my 10+ did as far as the battery goes. I can get a 12 hour day with heavy use and end up with 10% battery left at the end of the night without charging during the day.

With what turned off?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shellycharls9