Battery Life discussion thread.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Haha welcome to my world, nice .

It really is getting good, I certainly wasn't expecting that when going through the first week or two, I was kind of happy with settling with 7-8 hours SoT but a dark theme and constantly updating all apps etc has worked magic

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It really is getting good, I certainly wasn't expecting that when going through the first week or two, I was kind of happy with settling with 7-8 hours SoT but a dark theme and constantly updating all apps etc has worked magic
Mine has improved also to 9 -10.5 SOT
No complaints

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
My signal seems to be running the battery ragged at the minute, does that mean it is worse signal than the Note 10+? maybe, but I'm losing lots of standby battery life right now, nothing is grabbing my attention in battery usage though. I've got lots of sleeping apps, dark mode, 60hz, AOD off, short screen time but its a trial at the minute.

Today I have around 2 hours of SOT, nothing power hungry, few calls,texts Internet.and 55% battery left...

Screenshot_20200911-223231_Device care.jpg

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
My signal seems to be running the battery ragged at the minute, does that mean it is worse signal than the Note 10+? maybe, but I'm losing lots of standby battery life right now, nothing is grabbing my attention in battery usage though. I've got lots of sleeping apps, dark mode, 60hz, AOD off, short screen time but its a trial at the minute.

Today I have around 2 hours of SOT, nothing power hungry, few calls,texts Internet.and 55% battery left...

View attachment 326318
I had similar today 2 hours screen time on 50%.

On 11% left with 3 hours, 45 mins screen time but I've left 120hz on.. I normally put low power mode on when it reaches 35%

JOHNGAETANO

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
My battery life has been great. Stabilized and as you can see I'm getting plenty of life.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200911-203454_GSam Battery Monitor.jpg
    Screenshot_20200911-203454_GSam Battery Monitor.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 21

Ignacij

Aug 25, 2020
Visit site
Its strange that someones get 9-10h SOT and others 5-7h. IMO those with 9h must life in area with great signal, becouse there is no other logic when most of us using same tricks for saving battery.

J_hansen has exynos version like me, no way that his phone is like 30% better than mine, only possible is he is watchong YT 9h, but i dounbt.

So can u guys with 10h sot also tell us what is your daily signal.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Its strange that someones get 9-10h SOT and others 5-7h. IMO those with 9h must life in area with great signal, becouse there is no other logic when most of us using same tricks for saving battery.

J_hansen has exynos version like me, no way that his phone is like 30% better than mine, only possible is he is watchong YT 9h, but i dounbt.

So can u guys with 10h sot also tell us what is your daily signal.

Phone reception is a big decider in battery life for sure, my workplace is not the best with a lot of rooms with zero signal, even outside it's only 1 - 2 bars, probably why I was getting better battery at home before I used the phone for work. At home overnight from around 23:00 to 06:00 it uses around 3% battery but then at work after being charged fully it can drop to 96% in just over an hour!

I think on average my Note 10+ was about 5% better on battery life. Overnight it dropped around the same as the Note 20 Ultra but wasn't dropping so quickly at work. Not sure exactly why this is but I'll keep investigating, I might even do a factory reset just to check all avenues.

But at the end of the day I am still getting home with plenty of battery left for an evening of usage and never getting close to needing a charge as I'm not really a power user. Other than this I love the thing just like my previous Notes.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I mostly have good signal here but I have noticed how much quicker the Note 20 Ultra is switching over to WiFi calling compared to the Note 10 plus 5G.
My 5G signal isn't the greatest but the Exynos version I have switches automatically so I don't think it is to big a drain.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I mostly have good signal here but I have noticed how much quicker the Note 20 Ultra is switching over to WiFi calling compared to the Note 10 plus 5G.
My 5G signal isn't the greatest but the Exynos version I have switches automatically so I don't think it is to big a drain.
That's something I must look into also. I usually turn off WiFi and data between breaks as the damn thing never shuts up and with my line of work it needs to be in a dust free case so it's a pain to keep pulling out for unnecessary alerts, but I completely forgot about WiFi calling, might be worth leaving WiFi on all day with WiFi calling to see how that fares.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
So, yesterday, I decided to try my device at 60 hertz. I took it off the charger at around 9am and 24+ hrs later, I am at 10%, and about to put it back on the charger. I also got a SoT of 7.75 hrs. I love this kind of battery life and it looks like I'll have to hold off on the 120htz display until there's some kind of stability update for the battery.

EDIT: for some reason this didn't post when I thought I posted it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200914-105316_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20200914-105316_Device care.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20200914-105427_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20200914-105427_Device care.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 21

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm liking the 120hz to much to go back to 60hz so I have just set up a Bixby Routine to switch once battery hits 35% which won't be to often anyway.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm liking the 120hz to much to go back to 60hz so I have just set up a Bixby Routine to switch once battery hits 35% which won't be to often anyway.

I really need to get more into these Bixby Routines. I'm not sure if I dont have the patience to set them up, or if I'm too lazy to set them up. But, I also like WQHD+ more than I'm noticing any "studder" while scrolling.

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
I've set mine for around then so when I want extra battery it works very well with no need to go into power mode

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
So, yesterday, I decided to try my device at 60 hertz. I took it off the charger at around 9am and 24+ hrs later, I am at 10%, and about to put it back on the charger. I also got a SoT of 7.75 hrs. I love this kind of battery life and it looks like I'll have to hold off on the 120htz display until there's some kind of stability update for the battery.

EDIT: for some reason this didn't post when I thought I posted it.

Yeah I turned mine off too. It's a noticeable battery drainer. As long as I have the option to change it anytime then I'm good lol 60hz is completely fine. I'm getting 8hr screen time with it off and I'm happy. I'll turn it back on once they make it more stable.

Gojo2020

Aug 28, 2020
Visit site
Snapdragon US T-Mo, dlb tap to turn on screen, optimized, 120hz, turned off 5g due to non existent signal, using phone speakers for videos,, bluetooth off at home via bixby routine, only used Google sync to do a restore. 13 hours before I had to plug in for a charge.

Was originally only getting around 3.5 h SOT using smart switch. Had to watch a few YouTube vids to figure out how to get the most out of the battery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200913-235256_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20200913-235256_Device care.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Leafs1201

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Snapdragon US T-Mo, dlb tap to turn on screen, optimized, 120hz, turned off 5g due to non existent signal, using phone speakers for videos,, bluetooth off at home via bixby routine, only used Google sync to do a restore. 13 hours before I had to plug in for a charge.

Was originally only getting around 3.5 h SOT using smart switch. Had to watch a few YouTube vids to figure out how to get the most out of the battery.

What YouTube videos did you watch if you don't mind me asking, I've seen a few from Jimmyispromo etc.... That have helped but it seems like one day it's awful then the following day it's good for me, cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danilechadwick