Battery life, is it really that bad?

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I have an s10 and the battery is only slightly larger than the flip 3, 3500mAh. Did everyone complain about the battery life for the s10? I'm no power user. Screen time is usually less than 2 hours so my s10 is still between 40 and 50%. I don't really see that the flips battery will be that big of a problem.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
It depends on the user's habits. That sounds like a very PC comment but it's literally the truth. The smaller battery is a stretch. There are days that I don't stream music or use ita whole lot and it'll last 12-14 hours easy just for texting.
But on other days, when I have a life, I'll need to top it off around 9 or 10 hours. (took it off the charger at that 85% which we're now saying helps preserve battery life).

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
It's bad as bad can get...worse then my iPhone 12 mini.. what makes matters worse is the phone runs extremely hot even while doing nothing but sitting in your pocket. I can spend half the time just looking at the cover screen checking notification and the battery still drops 1 to 2% just by looking at your notifications.

When I was at work I turned off Wi-Fi, 5G and put it in power saving mode... it made it through my day, but I was still running to a charger when I got home.

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site
it's pretty bad even for an average user. making matters worse is the super slow charging and in my case it wouldn't charge in my car's wireless car charger due to the form factor.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
For me it hasn't been much of an adjustment. I came from an s21. I always did a top up charge with the s21 as well, no different with the flip. I pretty much always have the ability to plug in though so it's not an issue.

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I believe the battery life will improve with an update or 2. The phone did run very hot. The lack of fast charge also was a problem for me. If I tried charging the phone and using it at the same time the battery would not charge. It would loose battery for me.

Bonsaibo

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
No, the battery is not bad at all. I've only had the phone a week, but no issues so far. I can make it all day, and put it on the charger at dinner time, and I'm good for the rest of the day.

jc916

Sep 13, 2021
Visit site
Dumb question but say I plug it in to charge when I go to bed, it will charge to 100% before I wake up. Will these effect the battery if its left plugged in? Or does the phone cut charging power even tho its still plugged in? Thanks!

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Dumb question but say I plug it in to charge when I go to bed, it will charge to 100% before I wake up. Will these effect the battery if its left plugged in? Or does the phone cut charging power even tho its still plugged in? Thanks!

I've always plugged all my phones in overnight all night long. Wake up to a 100% battery and go about my day, never had an issue with battery life ever. You can get more information from a site called battery university. They claim charging to 80% is better for longevity, but that's them. Sounds like a hassle to me.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if having a 5G connection constantly searching is using battery. Where I live there is no 5G yet so it would be searching all the time and not finding anything but burning through battery. Could be that's why phones are warm when nothing much seems to be going on. Just a thought

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I watched a video today which suggested trying to turn off improve accuracy under settings.. stop the wifi scanning and Bluetooth..

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I'm wondering if having a 5G connection constantly searching is using battery. Where I live there is no 5G yet so it would be searching all the time and not finding anything but burning through battery. Could be that's why phones are warm when nothing much seems to be going on. Just a thought
I have no 5G available and set my network to 4G maximum. It keeps my Pixel 4a 5G battery running much better than if I had it looking for 5G that doesn't exist.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
This is my first day with my Flip. I took my wireless charger to work with me based on the comments I've read here and I was glad I did. I would have the say the battery could use some work and for power users would likely be a total bust but because I can plunk it down on my charger while at work and cable charge at home it's not a big deal to me. I'm also using it a lot setting things up so perhaps not the best day to be reporting on this.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I've also heard it takes a few days for the battery to settle in to your habits. If its your first day you can't really tell yet.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Is that a phone specific option to set 4G/5G?
It is under network, sims
d795ce8045f79180c1a39f545fef0441.jpg

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Gotta let them phones settle in and learn your usage patterns so hopefully better results for the recent owners experience

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky