Battery life s5 screen

lebstus

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
New to Samsung, just left apple. Having difficulty with battery life and email icon showing five new emails when I have none

Also took this shot of battery, is this decent

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-20-09-09-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-20-09-09-56.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 39

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I also just got a Galaxy 5 after using Windows Phones. I like the phone but the battery life is not good so far. I've only had it for 3 days and played with a lot of settings. Today will be my first full day at work with it and we will see how long it lasts. So far I am not impressed and am questioning my choice of phones.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
New to Samsung, just left apple. Having difficulty with battery life and email icon showing five new emails when I have none

Also took this shot of battery, is this decent

what is the actually screen time though?

Philtronic

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Battery life is supposed to be very good with the S5... Something is not setup properly... look at my S5 battery stats, everything is ON except Bluetooth and GPS, plus, I got mediocre radio signal...

By the way, I never use any battery saving mode.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-17-10-40-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-17-10-40-11.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_2014-10-17-10-40-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-17-10-40-33.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_2014-10-17-10-40-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-17-10-40-25.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 26

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Every so often the Android system keeps taking up the percentage of the battery life of my phone. I cleared cache and stopped all programs. I've tried taking out the battery and stuff. This happens once in a while. I don't know why they can't make the android system operate less in the background. One thing I can say about the iPhone stand by time it's fantastic. I can leave the phone for days on 100% and it will still be at that percentage. I wish android could do something similar with there OS to optimize the battery life.

Verizon Galaxy S5 😎

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
The screen time is also dependent on its brightness. That's not a bad number if the brightness is set to a high value, otherwise something might be up. Battery life has been a lot better with my S5 compared to my iPhone 5. It was just OK at first but the upgrade to Android 4.4.4 has put it above and beyond my iPhone 5 along with my friend's iPhone 6 (that standard model, not the iPhone 6 Plus).

My S5 has been on for 5 hours and 45 minutes with the battery at 87%. That's with moderate texting and playing music (stored on the SD card using the Google Play Music app) for 3 hours (1 hour through Bluetooth in my car, 2 hours through my wired headphones at 75% volume). My iPhone 5 was already at 50% by this time of the day with less usage, my friend's iPhone 6 is currently sitting at 65% with the same amount of usage (they've just been playing music through a wired connection though).

My S5 will finally get down to 65% before I plug it in at 10:30 PM and that's after even more moderate texting, wi-fi internet surfing, using facebook (wi-fi), maybe taking a couple of pictures, playing music via Bluetooth for another hour, and playing music on my Bose SoundTouch via AirPlay (using a 3rd party plug-in). I would of already had to charge my iPhone 5 on the way home just to get it back up to 85% just so it could be drained down to 5% before charging at 10:30 PM.

sdardoin

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
My battery power is very sporadic as well... first few days was great but it seems like its getting worse. The Android system itself is eating up 73% of the battery life. What could possibly be running so much?

Granted the battery life isn't terrible, but it seems like it should (and used to be) better

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
My battery power is very sporadic as well... first few days was great but it seems like its getting worse. The Android system itself is eating up 73% of the battery life. What could possibly be running so much?

Granted the battery life isn't terrible, but it seems like it should (and used to be) better
If I had the answer I would give it. Sometimes I feel like I should invest in a extended battery.

Verizon Galaxy S5 😎

Allenhardiman

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
The screen time is also dependent on its brightness. That's not a bad number if the brightness is set to a high value, otherwise something might be up. Battery life has been a lot better with my S5 compared to my iPhone 5. It was just OK at first but the upgrade to Android 4.4.4 has put it above and beyond my iPhone 5 along with my friend's iPhone 6 (that standard model, not the iPhone 6 Plus).

My S5 has been on for 5 hours and 45 minutes with the battery at 87%. That's with moderate texting and playing music (stored on the SD card using the Google Play Music app) for 3 hours (1 hour through Bluetooth in my car, 2 hours through my wired headphones at 75% volume). My iPhone 5 was already at 50% by this time of the day with less usage, my friend's iPhone 6 is currently sitting at 65% with the same amount of usage (they've just been playing music through a wired connection though).

My S5 will finally get down to 65% before I plug it in at 10:30 PM and that's after even more moderate texting, wi-fi internet surfing, using facebook (wi-fi), maybe taking a couple of pictures, playing music via Bluetooth for another hour, and playing music on my Bose SoundTouch via AirPlay (using a 3rd party plug-in). I would of already had to charge my iPhone 5 on the way home just to get it back up to 85% just so it could be drained down to 5% before charging at 10:30 PM.

How do you tweak your battery life

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site

What was your on screen time within that 6 hours?

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
What was your on screen time within that 6 hours?

I don't remember. I know it was at least 75 minutes, probably more like 90 minutes. It was sporadic though as the screen was on only when I was reading a text and replying to it, there was only a solid 30 minutes or so in the morning when the screen was on for a straight amount of time and I was using the Facebook app along with surfing the internet. My screen time, by the end of the day, will be somewhere in the 2-3 hour range. I do read a lot of my emails through my Moto 360 instead of using my phone and I know that helps.

How do you tweak your battery life

I have my screen brightness set to 30%, Bluetooth turned on all the time (I have a Moto 360), wi-fi turned off when I'm not at home, I use the Google Now Launcher, I clear my cache once a day, I restart my phone every couple of days, and that's it. My phone can go for a solid 4 days with the extended battery that I have but I hardly use it anymore, not after the Android 4.4.4 update. Before, with Android 4.4.3, my S5 was actually worse than my iPhone 5. It would easily get down to 40% (or less) by the end of my 8 hour work day. I almost returned it until the 4.4.4 update came out.

sdardoin

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
If I had the answer I would give it. Sometimes I feel like I should invest in a extended battery.

Verizon Galaxy S5 ??????

Well, after a simple reboot, my battery life is back to normal... nearly 5 hours on the battery and still at 90%. Guess some process was confused.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana