Battery Life Thread

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
So far, I'm not disappointed at all with battery life, especially considering the watch is still learning usage patterns.

I've had mine on since 7am, AOD active, all notifications set to vibrate as well as wake screen and 12 hours later I'm at 73%. Also have pretty much all Samsung Health features active.

Reactions: YankInDaSouth

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I made it to just under 31 hours and we sitting at 9 percent before I put it on the charger with always on display off and about 40 minutes of workouts tracked. It looks pretty close to that 30 to 40 hour range.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy too. Set mine up yesterday at 0630/0700 and put it on the charger today around 1pm with I think around 18% left. Very similiar settings as you guys. AOD off, raise to wake on. No sounds, just vibration. Sleep tracking. No exercise tracking, I have a Whoop band for that. Standard notifications through the day. So far so good.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
So far, the battery life observations above are significantly less than I'm getting on my 45mm GW5 pro and not a lot better than the GW4 classic, which was heavily criticized for its battery. Bringing back the rotating bezel is an overall smart choice but other than that, I don't see any reasons to upgrade from either of the two versions above.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
So far, the battery life observations above are significantly less than I'm getting on my 45mm GW5 pro and not a lot better than the GW4 classic, which was heavily criticized for its battery. Bringing back the rotating bezel is an overall smart choice but other than that, I don't see any reasons to upgrade from either of the two versions above.
If battery life is your priority with a smartwatch, then of course you should stick with the GW5 Pro.

But I don't see Samsung changing the battery size of its non-pro models due to size, weight, cost, etc, along with still including a rotating bezel, but if they do, I'll jump on it.

I kept the original GW for the longest and didn't upgrade till GW4 Classic. Since then, I'm upgrading annually because I lack self-control with the GW lineup now

Reactions: Laura Knotek

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
This is my first day starting with a fully charged GW 6 Classic 47mm and I'm amazed at the battery life compared to my previous GW 4 Classic 46 mm. I'm now about 6 hours off the charger and I still have 93% battery life left. Granted, I don't have all the bells and whistles turned on (e.g., AOD, health monitoring, etc.). I'll find out over the course of this week how much better my new GW6 is verses my old GW4.

Update: After 24 hours I now have 69% battery life left. That's definitely better than my GW4 Classic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laura Knotek

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I also came from the Watch 4 Classic so this is good news.
I only had the watch yesterday and turned it on around 1.30pm to set up. Out of the box it was on 96% then after setup and the obligatory few hours of play time I put it to sleep at around 11.30pm (I don't wear it to my work as it would get trashed in no time!)
I turned it back on today around 3.30pm and had more play time and now at 8.20pm it's sat at 57%

I'm not a heavy user by any means, I take the odd call, get messages and notifications, steps, heart BPM etc so after the initial battery learning I think this battery will be good considering its brighter, bigger screen and smaller battery (compared to the 5 Pro)

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed the battery has gotten better as the week has gone on. on day 1 &2 i was a bit concerned, but since it has been good. Not 5Pro level but good enough for me. I do charge daily at night. It is too big to wear to bed.

Reactions: mlblack16

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
As of now 10 days or so. It reminds me of the Galaxy Watch 4 battery, but I do have the large Classic LTE version.

neo999

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I've been pleased with the battery life on the 6 classic. With the same settings i used on my 4 classic, I'm getting 2 days. I usually fully charge it an hour before bedtime, and last night was the first time i got the low battery warning. Checking app usage since my last charge, i see that Google Play Services used 10%. Don't know what this app is doing on my watch, and why it has such high usage while I sleep. Anyone know this app is doing? Checking for app updates perhaps?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've been pleased with the battery life on the 6 classic. With the same settings i used on my 4 classic, I'm getting 2 days. I usually fully charge it an hour before bedtime, and last night was the first time i got the low battery warning. Checking app usage since my last charge, i see that Google Play Services used 10%. Don't know what this app is doing on my watch, and why it has such high usage while I sleep. Anyone know this app is doing? Checking for app updates perhaps?
Google Play Services is responsible for a lot of backend stuff.

It's also one of those apps that just likes to totally **** the bed from time to time and drain a crazy amount of battery for no particular reason. I think they call them "Google apps" lol.

neo999

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Google Play Services is responsible for a lot of backend stuff.

It's also one of those apps that just likes to totally **** the bed from time to time and drain a crazy amount of battery for no particular reason. I think they call them "Google apps" lol.
Yes seeing the same comments in some google searches. Thx!

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Late to the party here.  Finally got my pre-ordered Watch6 Classic 47 mm LTE. I wore it to bed at 98%, and woke up to 24%. I checked the battery usage and WhatsApp was the greatest offender at 7%. Everything else looked normal. Even Google Play services only used 1.4%. I'll keep monitoring this for a few days but something doesn't seem right here.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Late to the party here.  Finally got my pre-ordered Watch6 Classic 47 mm LTE. I wore it to bed at 98%, and woke up to 24%. I checked the battery usage and WhatsApp was the greatest offender at 7%. Everything else looked normal. Even Google Play services only used 1.4%. I'll keep monitoring this for a few days but something doesn't seem right here.
That's a lot different from what I'm seeing on BT version. Some difference is certainly expected between BT v LTE, but not that extreme.

Reactions: J Dubbs

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like it may be first day issues.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Yeah now that I think about it, you could have had a ton of apps getting updated through the night, backup being created, the watch is currently learning usage patterns...

Good news is the watch charges really fast, IMO. I've been using mostly the fast wireless charging pad Samsung gave away last year with purchase of the GW5.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah now that I think about it, you could have had a ton of apps getting updated through the night, backup being created, the watch is currently learning usage patterns...

Good news is the watch charges really fast, IMO. I've been using mostly the fast wireless charging pad Samsung gave away last year with purchase of the GW5.
All that background stuff actually works in the new OneUI Watch? Shocking!

Here's a fun tidbit, that duo pad doesn't actually fast charge the watch. If you use the puclk from the watch 5/6 box, it will charge EVEN FASTER!!!

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like it may be first day issues.
Yeah, I think so. I've been wearing it all day at work with AOD enabled, and the discharge rate is pretty normal. I'm getting 6%/hour according to the Energy Monitor app. That's certainly nowhere near where it was last night while I was asleep with the screen off and presumably no apps running.

Reactions: ClintRo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter