Battery life thread

bik2101

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
amazon wireless FTW! after weeks of not having any luck with battery life, i contacted amazon and in a short 5 minutes, they are now sending me a replacement unit. hopefully the replacement unit gets me the battery life of everyone else.

bik2101

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
quick question - enable or disable always on mobile data? have people here who are seeing such good battery life left it on or is it off?

sttngagt

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey all. Just got this phone and love it. Coming from a curve. I charged fully before use. Started playing with it at about 8pm last night. Went to sleep. Today I set up my exchange email and have been surfing really since I was up at 9. I'm now at 5%. Up time is 15hrs. Awake time is 5hrs 10mins. I had trouble activating at first. Had to battery pull and do a factory reset. Was on the phone a VZW for almost an hour. But my battery seems to be doing well. Sorry I can't give more detailed battery info. I'm new to Droid and have very few apps so far. Thanks to everyone on this forum. I got this phone despite being in a 4g area and couldn't be happier!

jcru2001

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Incredible battery!!

I woke up Sunday, worked all day (i work for Verizon) and fell asleep Sunday night without plugging my phone in. Used the phone all day Monday and forgot to plug it in again. Total...42 hours, 45 minutes of uptime!!! 8 hours of awake time. My GPS was on, my wifi and bluetooth were off.

This is pretty amazing seeing as how I used the phone as normal. lots of calls and text messages and a few web searches and all the normal Android widgets running.

98koukile

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I got rid of task manager and juice defender because they were impeding my phone use and temp rooted and removed the bloat and my battery life is unreal. The only thing I never leave on is gps and that's more so apps don't use it, WiFi and Bluetooth are usually on and I only turn auto sync off if its close to dead. Lasted 2 days no charge multiple times after cycling the battery for about three weeks. It's just how batteries are when you first start to use them but I'll never recommend a task manager to anyone again.

bik2101

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
after about 30 hours off the charger, my phone is about to die. moderate usage for most of the day yesterday. looks like my first phone was faulty in some way. glad to now be in the majority having great battery life with this phone!

sttngagt

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I still have no complaints but I was on a long trip today and noticed the following... When I'd go green w a full charge for example and stopped for 5mins for gas, started back up and hit the road, it took quite some time to go green again. I'd guess it was red and charging for like 20 or 30 mins before it was again green and at full charge. This happened every time I stopped and got back on the road. And WiFi, Bluetooth and gps were all off. Anyone know why it does this? Seems pretty weird, not sure if I should be concerned....

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Today was my first full day with the Inc2. The battery lasted about 8hrs before dropping to 20% charge at which point I put in my spare battery. I was getting similar battery performance with my D2G.

If I want to see what apps are running, I go to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications and switch to the "Running" tab. I was surprised to see apps I never opened (like Flickr) were listed. This is why I used Task Manager on my D2G to automatically kill these apps.

PhoneLuv

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
My battery life dies out so Fast! I unplug my phone @ 5am & have to plug it on again @ 10 bc the battery is dying out! I'm on fb by 6...on & off till 7.. then I'll put pandora on for about 3 hours straight! My battery is dead after that!

mountaineerndixie

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I have had a light day today. Let me see where I'm at right now:

16 hours and 16 minutes off the charger
Currently at 60% battery left
Approx. only 3-4 hours of screen on time in use. FB, twitter, text and web. No music, video or gaming. Mostly on wifi.

Even on heavy days of use though, 24 hours is about average for time between charges and it usually has 20-30% left when I hook it back up. I've only drained it completely on the first 2 cycles. I tried out Juice Defender for a week or so but I couldn't keep it from going into Airplane mode at night (I have a sick father and have to be able to receive calls at all hours), so I uninstalled it a couple days ago.

98koukile

May 19, 2011
Visit site
My battery life dies out so Fast! I unplug my phone @ 5am & have to plug it on again @ 10 bc the battery is dying out! I'm on fb by 6...on & off till 7.. then I'll put pandora on for about 3 hours straight! My battery is dead after that!
You run pandora for 3 hours and want to know why your battery is dying? Headphones or speaker? I don't think it's a phone problem, that app just sucks power

Today was my first full day with the Inc2. The battery lasted about 8hrs before dropping to 20% charge at which point I put in my spare battery. I was getting similar battery performance with my D2G.

If I want to see what apps are running, I go to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications and switch to the "Running" tab. I was surprised to see apps I never opened (like Flickr) were listed. This is why I used Task Manager on my D2G to automatically kill these apps.
I hated seeing slacker and flickr and blockbuster open anytime I checked until I forced closed them. None of them are on my phone after a temp root and my battery lasts longer although it didn't make a huge difference. I have noticed the biggest drain on my battery is when maps is open and searching for something, the less bars I have, the more battery it uses. I used 20% of my battery looking for the closest gas station on my bike the other day.

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi all.
Just so no one pokes me about it, I have not read through all the posts in this thread yet.

I just wanted to share the battery life issues with my Incredible 2. I can unplug in the morning, lock the screen and leave home only to find that after 5 - 10 mins of no use, my battery has dropped to about 90%. So far, I haven't used the device a single day without draining the battery. Some days, I've even had to curtail my use just so I could make it home with enough power to make a call if I had to.

I disabled auto-sync last night and am currently at 84% where I would normally be at <70%. That's not as good as some users are reporting, but it's better than it was yesterday!

Island Droid

May 11, 2011
Visit site
An update for my battery life lately after having the phone about a month.....I have found that as long as I do not use too many "draining" type services (videos, games, full brightness on screen etc) I get all day performance.

I can still make a bunch of calls and emails and the occasional "drainer" and things are cool.

I still hate that the camera controls are in a crappy spot for 1 handed shots but love the phone otherwise.

noobuser

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi all.
Just so no one pokes me about it, I have not read through all the posts in this thread yet.

I just wanted to share the battery life issues with my Incredible 2. I can unplug in the morning, lock the screen and leave home only to find that after 5 - 10 mins of no use, my battery has dropped to about 90%. So far, I haven't used the device a single day without draining the battery. Some days, I've even had to curtail my use just so I could make it home with enough power to make a call if I had to.

I disabled auto-sync last night and am currently at 84% where I would normally be at <70%. That's not as good as some users are reporting, but it's better than it was yesterday!

I had similar disappointing battery life. I broke down and tried the temp root, installed Titanium Backup and Bloat Freezer to freeze the VZW bloatware and now have very good battery life. Worth a try.

bik2101

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
what exactly did everyone freeze? i've done the temp root and freeze twice before, both times resulting in constant phone error. i'm assuming i froze something i shouldn't have so just wondering what everyone else has frozen.

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I had similar disappointing battery life. I broke down and tried the temp root, installed Titanium Backup and Bloat Freezer to freeze the VZW bloatware and now have very good battery life. Worth a try.

Thanks. I looked into the temp root thing, but haven't made any progress yet (summer is very busy). I tried to find HTC Sync (for drivers), but it was impossible. I can't wait to get the bloatware removed or frozen, whichever is possible at this time. I would love to remove it completely. I hate all that junk and other stuff I'll never use running all the time (vcast, vznavigator, slacker).

flexhu

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Experiencing pretty good battery life here. I can unplug in the morning and go 1.5-2 days before charging again.

Was noticing poor battery life (1/2 a day) for a while, but I think that's because the phone was constantly searching for wifi. Once I properly set up the wifi access, my battery life problems went away.

applejacks108

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Mine usually lasts for 10-11 hours some texting, some sodoku or words with friends when i'm bored at my desk and some app downloads if i see a cool on on a forum. I wake up at 6am and usually have to charge it on my computer before i leave work around 4-5ish.

However i just downloaded a battery app (batt stat which is pretty cool looking btw) and i've noticed upon waking up it'll go from fully charged to 90% by the time i finish my morning shower. and its probably been 2 hours and now my batteries at 80%. I have ****ty reception at my apartment so i'm thinking thats why my battery dies so fast in the morning? 100-90 in 5 minutes? and then 90-80 in 2 hours? But then after my shower i have a 15 minute subway ride which has absolutely no reception but that doesn't drain my battery. Anyone have any ideas what it could be? My wifi is turned off, all 3 gps's are turned off. auto sync is turned off brightness is at like 15% (guestimated)