Battery pretty much stinks on first day

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I've asked this before but I haven't gotten a good reply yet. How are people getting 5-7 hours of screen on time? I certainly make it thru the day, and I'm not complaining about the battery. I'm more than pleased. But I am curious how to maximize. Here are my settings:I've got 3 Gmail accounts syncing, 1 yahoo that checks every 4 hours, bluetooth on, wifi off when I'm not home, auto brightness, no Facebook refresh, no twitter. Turned off the location in maps.

Any suggestions?

Much appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I've asked this before but I haven't gotten a good reply yet. How are people getting 5-7 hours of screen on time? I certainly make it thru the day, and I'm not complaining about the battery. I'm more than pleased. But I am curious how to maximize. Here are my settings:I've got 3 Gmail accounts syncing, 1 yahoo that checks every 4 hours, bluetooth on, wifi off when I'm not home, auto brightness, no Facebook refresh, no twitter. Turned off the location in maps.

Any suggestions?

Much appreciated.

You will find folks to fabricate slightly about their phones

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I dont really know about you guys but the battery life is poor. With power saving mode on and 10% brightness, no bluetooth wifi or gps, my battery drop 1% every 4 minutes browsing web.
Thats comparing to my old ip 4s which the battery capacity is only 1100 maH. It takes 6 minutes to drop 1%.
Btw this is my second htc one. I switched the first one with same problem but no help

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Now, did you happen to consider the screen size and processing power difference between the One and the ip 4s? The One's screen is much bigger, more pixels, and using a higher density than the iphone. The One is also a quad core, more ram, and faster graphics chip. So only a 2 minute difference to drop 1% isn't bad. Sure it can add up....but the iphone only does one thing at a time...android and the One does many.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Any suggestions?

Much appreciated.

Kill the auto brightness and slap that puppy at 40% or less. This will greatly improve battery life when the screen is on.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I would get Gsam battery app from Gplay and see what is actually using the battery. Looks to me that you might have an errand app that's not behaving and using CPU cycles constantly cause you should get double that what your getting.

Also, I would back up your contacts and do a factory reset. Trust me, this can help. After that, change network type to automatic and see if that improves your network speed. 2G can kill a battery.

We are here for ya man, just keep us posted so we can help you.

devilmaycryvlp

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah maybe you are right. I was just expecting too much from all the online review which claim that this phone can have 7-8 hours of web browsing(gsmarena).

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Jennifer Susans

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, can someone please advise of how long web browsing I should be able to get out my HTC one,. I have power save on, screen brightness around 30-40%, WiFi disabled as well as Bluetooth and auto sync off, I close all apps when not in use. I have calculated 10mins of web browsing uses 5-6% battery life. This is my second handset as I had this exact problem with the first. When I returned the first to the shop, a HTC rep was in the store and even he said the battery drain seemed too high! Some web browsing(1.5-2 hours) 10 txt messages and 2 phone calls would drain it within 6-7 hours. Have I received two faulty handsets or am I using the phone too much!?

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Mine arrived last Friday and the battery started to improve by the 3rd day. I think its still getting better with more cycles.

Charge it as often as you can, just like with every other phone out there. It doesn't hurt the battery.

After you are setup with apps and settings, just keep an eye on the time it lasts with your usage. It will improve after a couple of days before settling in.

Jennifer Susans

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that, I had the first handset for 9days but didn't see any improvement over that time. Will see how the next few days go with this one. But still feel 5-6% battery usage for 10 minutes web browsing is an awful lot.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that, I had the first handset for 9days but didn't see any improvement over that time. Will see how the next few days go with this one. But still feel 5-6% battery usage for 10 minutes web browsing is an awful lot.

You might have a rogue app you've installed. Use Gsam or something similar to find out what apps are using your battery and how much. It might be that an app is sucking cpu cycles draining your battery in the background.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred