battery saving kernel for the dinc?

IanAck123

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
i didn't know there was a #19, never seen it. so far 5hr 42m since unplugged and i have 85% battery left. so i guess thats good? i sent some text messages, browsed facebook, went to a few websites, played angry birds and listened to a lot of music with poweramp. personally i would say this is pretty good, but i am also new to all this kernel business. i am using the 1750mAh battery from seidio too.

mycrors4

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
welll, i had a full day with CHad's kernel, it did save battery life, and if i didnt wifi tether for my friend for an hour, it would have saved a lot more, it was at 74% at the end of the day after the wifi tethering
it would probably be around d78% without wifi tethering, but what i noticed is a couple bugs, and lag issues, and lots of lagg issues, which made it impossible for my to answer a call

i phone just(like 2 seconds ago) finished flashing King #6, i read about it, and apparently it saved the battery life like no other, and improved it by a ton

ill let u guys know tomorrow on how it goes

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
flash Lous on sunday night and today is the first full day without going to work to see how the battery fairs. Seems to be a little more use than Virtuous custom #2. Speedwise its pretty good. No lagging really like some others have had.

Overall for now it will stay on my phone and see what happens

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
So I used Virtuous Adrynalyne, till I tried Chads. Did not like how the phone reacted to Chads, even though it did save my battery some. Now I'm back to Virtuous's Adrynalyne (i believe that is custom #2 as mentioned) and I now have WORSE battery life than before. Any ideas why that may be? Should I clear battery stats? I don't understand why it is worse now then before. Stinkin Chad......shoulda left well enough alone!

mycrors4

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
are u overclocking the phone?

overclocking can be a result in less battery life, thats why most overclocked kernels are undervolted, to save battery

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
are u overclocking the phone?

overclocking can be a result in less battery life, thats why most overclocked kernels are undervolted, to save battery

No, it's not overclocked. I've never messed around with that. I just use it as it comes. Not even sure I know how to do that.

mycrors4

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
hmm, not sure about that one

i did test out king #6, today, and it raped by battery life, 24% battery life after 9 hours of uptime and 1 and a half hours of use time? umm, no thanks, i wanted even overclocking it! and it kept shutting setcpu off, very unstable for me
i also read somewhere that taking the "screen off" profile down to 128mhz makes your phone SUPER laggy for chad's kernel, so im re-testing it without taking it down to 128mhz, if that doesnt work, i may test king #5, as it has a 2nd battery saving feature which king #6 lacked(which ive heard is the actual main thing that saves your battery life)

im also gonna test adrenalyne, and after testing those, and maybe one or 2 more, im gonna write a big review on all my testing

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
unless you run each for more than a day (2-3 days atleast) its hard to say the the true results. I have installed 1 and for the first 2 days it wasnt good but then the next 4-5 were just fine. you cant give something only 1 day and truly evaluate it imo

mycrors4

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
but if im doing the same thing each day, it shouldnt matter, i literally check my mail, maybe use the internet to check out a thread or 2, and thats it, i do that every single day, mon-fri, and its in my pocket from mon-fri, doing nothing, but just sitting
i dont play games on it, i havnt txted this past week(because i cant control the # of txts i get and send in 1 day, im doing the testing for myself too)

im trying to give it each a controlled test

luketrocity

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
but if im doing the same thing each day, it shouldnt matter, i literally check my mail, maybe use the internet to check out a thread or 2, and thats it, i do that every single day, mon-fri, and its in my pocket from mon-fri, doing nothing, but just sitting
i dont play games on it, i havnt txted this past week(because i cant control the # of txts i get and send in 1 day, im doing the testing for myself too)

im trying to give it each a controlled test

Your right, it shoudn't but it DOES matter.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I got kings #6 testing it out OC a lil bit enough so that my benchscore I am on top of the pile , lol :D that kinda surprized me I just bumped it a lil

so if i want to change to another kernal I would just do it the same way , including cleaning the davlk cache I assume ;)

Migizi

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I keep hearing about a new radio here - is that for the DInc, or the EVO? I am 90% sure the main problem I am having with the battery is that I'm spending time in places with a poor signal, so I'd be very curious about it.

Also, I could use some help on my combo of ROM, Kernel and SetCPU. I am running the stock ROM rooted at 2.2, a hydra undervolt kernel, and then installed SetCPU. But with that arrangement, I can't disable PerfLock - SetCPU doesn't support my kernel for that purpose.

I'd like to keep the stock ROM, but find a kernel which saves battery life AND plays nicely with SetCPU (allow me to disable PerfLock). Anyone have suggestions? Trying to avoid changing the ROM if possible.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Migizi - From your post in the Virtuous 3.2 thread it looks like you went ahead with Virtuous 3.2. This is a good choice if you want a de-bloated stock Sence ROM with a few extra goodies. The Custom Kernel for Virtuous will work with Set CPU, and is also an improvement in battery usage.

Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kitezpro