Battery since update

Venez68

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My battery life seems to have improved after the update, but i also started using Easy Battery Saver since then so that may have something to do with it as well.
I've also been putting the phone in sleep mode at night which also helps.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Could the update be messing with the apps we have already installed? Does anyone think or tried doing a factory reset and re-adding your apps? I feel like we'll have to do it anyway when ICS hits but I'm lazy and wanted to see if anyone else has tried it first :)

Second Part of the question. If I were to perform a factory reset could I restore all of my apps through the back up restore process. I ask this because when I switched phones, merely signing into the market with my gmail did not restore all the apps I had. I had to put them back on one at a time. So, is there a better way?

Had another thought. Seemed like we were having some system data issues last week too. Since low signal strength from the system will cause the radio in the phone to ramp up higher, could it be that our battery issues could have been related to that instead of the update? Just throwing out the question:)

Last edited:

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
One thing I found interesting was that after the update my battery was nowhere near as good as before. I noticed, however, that in the battery use that smart actions was at over 40% always after the update whereas before it was never on the list because I did not want to use it. I had not set it up or used it after the update but it was second to display all the time as battery use after the update. I went and force stopped smart actions and it has not come back and my battery has improved since although not like before the update. Anyone think the "improved battery" they showed on the change log was making smart actions have a more prominent role and for those who did not use it, it was forcing itself on but with no rules making it actually drain battery?

Rogus

May 1, 2012
Visit site
It seems to me that my battery life is much better since the update. However, I've had the phone for just a few days less than a month and perhaps I'm not using it as much and consequently the battery time between charges seems better when in reality it's more because of less use? Anyway, for what it's worth, I'm at 1d,8h,29m on battery with no short term time on a charger with Battery level currently showing as 50%. I am in a strong 4G LTE area and it's on all the time along with my Bluetooth headset. Still I think it's very hard to compare time on battery between users.

drooid

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Something else must be running, besides the browser. Look in your settings under running apps and also battery.

I remembered I checked task manager if something else was running and there wasnt. I placed the phone in my backpocket and the issue didnt happen anymore.
Maybe its a signal or frequency issue?
And about the phone restarting on its own, it happened again today. Ahh.

drooid

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Battery life for me has deteriorated since the update. Also when on a call last night the phone went into standby mode and would not come out.. about 2 minutes after the call was ended the phone reboot. never had that happen before the update. Had better battery life before the update.. man I'm getting seriously worried about these updates.. :mad:

My phone was just less than a week old so I couldnt really determine the difference pre and post update. But yess,about the reboot, it never did that before the update. Ughh. :/

drooid

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Updates are like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get.

Seriously though, I hope the issues clear up for you. Maybe a phone reset is in order (hold Power and Volume down for 15 secs)?

We kind of have the same issues about the phone rebooting and I already did a reset (Factory default) on my phone but same thing happened. Actually it did it again the third time just now.

omie19

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
so let me get this straight, leaving wifi on on the maxx will actually save me more battery life? on my bionic it killed my battery alot quicker and also on my x. i just assumed it would the same on the maxx as well i guess not

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
so let me get this straight, leaving wifi on on the maxx will actually save me more battery life? on my bionic it killed my battery alot quicker and also on my x. i just assumed it would the same on the maxx as well i guess not

Using Wifi is better on the battery than 4G. Leaving it on while not connected to a Wifi network isn't going to help at all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.

omie19

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
oh ok gotcha so itxs just like on my rezound and thunderbolt i used to be always connected to wifi and i would get alot more battery life out of my phone. cool thanks for the info. but at night should i leave it on or can i put it in airplane mode

kellybecks

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Should we have background data checked off? Will this use a lot of your battery? I just found out i had it checked off and just unchecked it. Not sure if that will make a difference.

Delirious Diva

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Updates are like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get.

Seriously though, I hope the issues clear up for you. Maybe a phone reset is in order (hold Power and Volume down for 15 secs)?

My biggest problem is no Verizon towers where I live-only Sprint. Using lots of battery life & some f(x) unavailable. Battery does not last as long (previously could go 12-16 hrs in continuous roam mode.) For those wondering, when I originally got wireless service almost 20 yrs ago my home location was not an issue.

hamrd

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I did see the battery suggestions on the previous thread, my question is, if I didn't have to do all of that previously on my Droid Razr Maxx why do I have to do it now? It doesn't make sense that my battery life is now one third of the battery life I had prior to ICS. What gives? Is this the same bug the Nexus had/has?

Helloneumann

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't have ics yet, patiently waiting, but I read somewhere that by default ics sets the network mode to global and you should change it to CDMA/lte and this will help battery. If you just want 3G download a free app for the thunderbolt called lte on off it works on the RAZR they say. Hopefully this helps some of you.