Battery Specs?

d1c1ple

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Any tech specs on the battery to be included or options?

have a TBOLT now; but broke down and added the extended battery since the 1400 that came with was useless.

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I believe it is in the 1700 range. There have been very good things said about battery life. Everyone uses their phone differently, though, so maybe take that with a grain of salt. I've been living with the Thunderbolt battery since February, so anything more and I will probably be convinced my phone has a nuclear core running it.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I believe it's 1750. P3Droid tweeted that his friend got a Bionic and that the battery should last a day on LTE.

It sounds like someone he knows got a test unit reciently. I would trust this information. He also said the screen was prettier than DX2 and D3.

Exact Quoat by @P3Droid

"So I was told, the bionic feels slightly lighter than the DX2 in hand and has a much prettier display than the DX2 and the D3."

I'm getting excited for this phone!!!

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Will the og Droid charger still work with bionic?

Since cell phone manufacturers started standardizing on Mini and then Micro USB chargers you can use virtually any charger on your phone.

My wife for example uses her old Nokia Intrigue charger from time to time on her DroidX.

I do not miss the days of all those obnoxious proprietary chargers and connectors. Good riddance!

Reactions: jroc

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Since cell phone manufacturers started standardizing on Mini and then Micro USB chargers you can use virtually any charger on your phone.

My wife for example uses her old Nokia Intrigue charger from time to time on her DroidX.

I do not miss the days of all those obnoxious proprietary chargers and connectors. Good riddance!

Except for Apple. They still use their proprietary cables :p

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site

Is that entirely the case? I know it's been a few years since I last changed phones, but when I went from having a Moto KRZR that had a micro USB charging cable to a Samsung WinMo phone, it had a completely proprietary looking data/charging port on it. Then within about a year, that Samsung phone had major issues and I got replaced by VZW with a HTC Touch Pro 2 (my current phone), which as it's own, different proprietary looking data/charging port on it. Smaller than the Samsung (though it was all that big either), but the port/cable on my HTC looks about the same size/style as a micro USB, encept that one of the sides is squared off instead of fully having that trapezoidal look to it that micro USB does. Would certainly be nice if micro USB has in fact become much more standardized....really annoying having to buy new extra charging/data cables and car charging cables each time you change phone brand!!!

I do love that most of them almost universally have the normal sized USB connection on the other end that can be used with any USB wall or vehicle adapter! :)

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Is that entirely the case? I know it's been a few years since I last changed phones, but when I went from having a Moto KRZR that had a micro USB charging cable to a Samsung WinMo phone, it had a completely proprietary looking data/charging port on it. Then within about a year, that Samsung phone had major issues and I got replaced by VZW with a HTC Touch Pro 2 (my current phone), which as it's own, different proprietary looking data/charging port on it. Smaller than the Samsung (though it was all that big either), but the port/cable on my HTC looks about the same size/style as a micro USB, encept that one of the sides is squared off instead of fully having that trapezoidal look to it that micro USB does. Would certainly be nice if micro USB has in fact become much more standardized....really annoying having to buy new extra charging/data cables and car charging cables each time you change phone brand!!!

I do love that most of them almost universally have the normal sized USB connection on the other end that can be used with any USB wall or vehicle adapter! :)

MicroUSB is standardized, what you are referring to is MiniUSB and i've seen the chargers you're referring to. A manufacturer that does that, well. sucks.

MicroUSB there's no real way to make them any different, with the exception of I saw over the last few days when i was looking for specific gender changers and extension cables where the MicroUSB for USB 3.0 had a 'notch' or indention on the 'top' of the plug which i believe means that USB 3.0 'only' devices wouldn't work with USB 2.0 MicroUSB cables. Thats just a theory. Everything released so far that is MicroUSB is the same form factor and the only difference is the cable quality between both ends, which really doesn't matter all that much.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Except for Apple. They still use their proprietary cables :p

I still don't get the point of that huge cable, it doesn't do anything better than a standard usb cable, why does Apple have to be different? There's no point, only Apple products work with Apple products, and vica versa.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I still don't get the point of that huge cable, it doesn't do anything better than a standard usb cable, why does Apple have to be different? There's no point, only Apple products work with Apple products, and vica versa.

You answered your own question :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp