Battery usage - Google play services

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I honestly don't know. In all my years on the Moto Forum this issue came up a lot. Especially after Android OS updates. And the only fix we ever found was a factory reset - start over fresh. I hope it doesn't come to that for you. If you Google search "Play Services draining battery..." you'll find hundreds of articles with different steps to try and resolve it.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't know. In all my years on the Moto Forum this issue came up a lot. Especially after Android OS updates. And the only fix we ever found was a factory reset - start over fresh. I hope it doesn't come to that for you. If you Google search "Play Services draining battery..." you'll find hundreds of articles with different steps to try and resolve it.
haha yeah that's exactly what I'm doing now. Well, I'm going to continue to research the issue and I'll update you as to what I find!

Well, first, I had four son installed digital well-being, and carrier services which enables RCS Google chat messaging services from my Play store. The Google app online also told me that all Google apps should be updated and that's what the forums link that you sent me also says as well. Maybe that's the root cause of everything. I will say that when I first got my new phone and I did the first full battery test, all of my Google apps were updated and I didn't have this issue. Therefore, I'm going to update everything and see if that fixes the issue. If it doesn't I'll report back again.

Last edited:

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
well, after taking your advice and the Google reps advice yesterday, between my digital well-being app and my play store and my carrier services which enables RCS chat services of course I had both of those disabled and uninstalled because I thought tire services was draining my battery. Doesn't look like that. Here are some updated screenshots of my battery you should so far today!
b980046f3a8c483cff92a8f6a13bed80.jpg
ccd8c652fecfa4f962c1b8771b52e31b.jpg

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That's looking better.
Hey, yeah absolutely thank you very very much! Appreciate all the help and support. I can't believe that I thought it was carrier services back in part of the RCS chat services from Google. I got that idea honestly from just researching on Google if RCS chat services carrier services drains battery and there's a whole thread about it. and that's what I had disabled on my older Pixel 3 XL as well! I mean I'll keep tabs on the battery for now and update you guys as to any updates or any other battery changes I've seen in the future of course but for now it seems good.
Definitely less drain. I think you had 14% before.
Yeah thanks dude! Wowser's!