StormnNJ

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Battery is good but I have noticed screen on seriously depletes it. Hour surfing reading the news drops battery 25% while 5.5 hours streaming YT music bluetooth to a speaker was 12% occasionally screen on to switch tracks.

PixelKing

Nov 19, 2021
Visit site
Battery is good but I have noticed screen on seriously depletes it. Hour surfing reading the news drops battery 25% while 5.5 hours streaming YT music bluetooth to a speaker was 12% occasionally screen on to switch tracks.

Screen on time is mostly determined by how bright you like your screen. The screen default is like 50%. Too bright for me and will eat battery. I've trained my phone to use 35% screen brightness at home.

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
There has to be something with the pixel 6 pro that is not allowing it to go into a deep sleep. I have the regular pixel 6 and I can almost get two days. I am currently at over 50% with 24 hours of use on the regular pixel 6. I find that that phone goes to deep sleep instantaneously where my sick pixel 6 pro didn't go to deep sleep I'd be losing battery life as the day went on. I look forward to seeing what the update will do this week and that'll make the decision if I'm going to which phone I'm going to keep.

GoNavy79

Oct 18, 2021
Visit site
There has to be something with the pixel 6 pro that is not allowing it to go into a deep sleep. I have the regular pixel 6 and I can almost get two days. I am currently at over 50% with 24 hours of use on the regular pixel 6. I find that that phone goes to deep sleep instantaneously where my sick pixel 6 pro didn't go to deep sleep I'd be losing battery life as the day went on. I look forward to seeing what the update will do this week and that'll make the decision if I'm going to which phone I'm going to keep.

The first month I had my P6 the idle drain was very bad, 11% or 12% in 8 hours from a 100% charge. Last night I did the same test and it drained just 4%. Almost 12 hours now, and the drain is only 6%.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
My battery seems great. I leave all radios on except Fi data when I am home on wifi. Bluetooth has to be on for my Garmin smartwatch. NFC is on so it just works when I need it without fussing around.

I charge to 100% overnight with adaptive charging and have had 50 to 65% at the end of the day.

I am not as heavy user as many here but with a new phone and all the set up and testing it out, I am messing with the phone much more than I will a month from now so battery should improve even more.

I use my phone as a tool when not near computer rather than for entertainment. I would say 90% of my usage is voice (talking on phone), news, weather, payments, taking occasional photos, calendar, email, messaging.

I don't play games or watch much video or use social media apps such as Tikytock, Instagram, Facebook, or snap on my phone. I do check twitter trending and log into my facebook web page (not app) on rare occasions.

I'll rarely watch youtube videos, only if I am working on something and need a 'how to' video handy. Social media and watching youtube entertainment videos are done on my desktop or TV. When on forums such or doing online shopping as this I use my desktop. I guess I am old school and prefer a real keyboard and large screen when doing interactive stuff.

PixelKing

Nov 19, 2021
Visit site

Did you transfer your data over from another phone? I have had zero deep sleep issues after doing a factory reset. Transferring data from my 4XL was probably the culprit.

The phone deep sleeps with the factory installed apps just fine.

I do believe that if you are doing things in the background like casting/Bluetooth the phone will not deep sleep during that span. Just an opinion from using my Sony XM4 wireless ear buds at the gym.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
For the past couple of days, I've disabled my 5g network and I see a huge difference with my battery I think when it was enabled it was constantly looking for 5g signals causing my battery to drain faster. If you don't need 5g I highly recommend it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

GoNavy79

Oct 18, 2021
Visit site
For the past couple of days, I've disabled my 5g network and I see a huge difference with my battery I think when it was enabled it was constantly looking for 5g signals causing my battery to drain faster. If you don't need 5g I highly recommend it.

Yes, I discovered that also. Big difference in battery drain. My P6 idle drain (8 hours) went from 12% down to 4%.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site

I don't get the need for 5G. A good 4G LTE signal is plenty fast for anything I need to do on a phone. I get 20+mbps on LTE. 15 years ago I would have loved to have that speed on my wired cable modem.

GoNavy79

Oct 18, 2021
Visit site
I don't get the need for 5G. A good 4G LTE signal is plenty fast for anything I need to do on a phone. I get 20+mbps on LTE. 15 years ago I would have loved to have that speed on my wired cable modem.

I agree. Some cars can go over 200mph...but the speed limit is only 60mph.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I agree. Some cars can go over 200mph...but the speed limit is only 60mph.

Same with chip speeds. At this point they are numbers on paper and bragging rights. At this point, faster chips make no real world difference. No need for anything faster, infact, slower would be best if it results in more battery life.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Been holding off posting, kind of waiting for Google to come up with solutions, but seems like there are more issues which have been created for others. Remember, this phone, the 6Pro, is Google's. Android is Google's. The software and 'some' of the hardware might be Google's. In contact with Top Tier Google Support the last full month. They have the phone logs, my feedback, beta testing. Others on the Google Support Forum are experiencing the exact same MOBILE NETWORK STANDBY AND IDLE BATTERY DRAINS. Some are commenting on connectivity problems. All Google wants me to do is send them in my phone, at my expense, no temporary replacement so they can troubleshoot the KNOWN ISSUES. I told them forgetaboutit... That they need to come up with a solution. Fortunately for me, it's 'only' an additional battery drain. Yet when I see the strength of known connections to known towers, I can see the signal degradation of the 6Pro compared to my Note 9 and earlier Samsung phones. The problems as I see it are that Google EXPECTED too much out of their design and many of us have had to disable features and 5G so the phone's could run... as best as possible. They did not think this new design through, did not adequately quality test and released a phone whose issues have cropped up in everyday life. My phone performs tasks A-OK, but I feel as if it's handicapped going forward. Google... NEEDS TO STEP UP and either publicly address the shortcomings and current issues and either fix, repair, replace or offer refunds. Doing any of the aforementioned, will hinder or stop their marketing of the phone's completely. Many of us are optimistic that Google will step forward. However, not once has Google acknowledged that the problems are theirs in the Advanced Top Tier Support communications with me. This I find... discouraging and unprofessional.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Im on December build so far no issues unlocked on TMobile in standby or 24 hours , im getting 7 to 8 SOT in a day but my Pixel buds are not lasting more then few hours

StormnNJ

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Im on December build so far no issues unlocked on TMobile in standby or 24 hours , im getting 7 to 8 SOT in a day but my Pixel buds are not lasting more then few hours

I don't use the buds for any length of time just phone calls but pixel buds app had excessive drain. 11% of the drain on the battery over the course of 4 hours. I disabled it and buds still seem to function normally taps etc

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't use the buds for any length of time just phone calls but pixel buds app had excessive drain. 11% of the drain on the battery over the course of 4 hours. I disabled it and buds still seem to function normally taps etc

Which did you disable?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oneup