BBM for Android - Battery drain

ubermanx

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
No serious battery drain on my Nexus 4 running 4.2.2.

I did uninstall Whatsapp. And the BBM notification is left on.

Could this be related to version of Android as it seems from above not everyone using the same phone is experiencing issues?

Of all my contacts (about 15 people) only one is reporting battery drain and he has an S3, not sure what OS version.

Marty

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that occurred to me too. I'm using a Verizon Note 2 running 4.1.2 stock. Notification icon on and getting ready to uninstall Whstsapp.

Posted via Android Central App

arukaen

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I saw this on the crackberry form for BBM for Android

Also to add, I use BetterBatteryStats to monitor activities. so far BBM has 1700 wakelocks actvities which means it is constantly waking up the phone while it should be idle/sleeping when the screen is off. so indeed BBM is killing battery, dont know if it is specifically to Galaxy Phones but you'd be surprise if you check and notice a lot of wakelocks on BBM.

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why this fixed my problem, but I did a factory reset of my Note 2, then reinstalled BBM, along with all the other apps I had on there. Well, I say it fixed it, but, since I have no contacts in BBM, it's just sitting there, doing nothing. I'll have a better idea if and when I can actually use it.

Prem Acharya

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Well, I got BBM installed and my BlackBerry ID set up last night. No one to chat with yet, but I really haven't had time yet anyway, so no big deal. However, it does seem like my Note 2's battery is draining a bit faster than before. Is anyone else noticing this?

I too noticed that the battery is draining quite faster after installing bbm on my Note 2

davevarun

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S3. Battery drain is very fast and charging speed has also reduced.

I left my S3 at 100% last night at 10.30pm on a stand-by mode. Battery drained to 25% by morning 7.00am.

BBM is killing my S3. :mad:

parthshrey

Nov 6, 2013
plus.google.com
If u are not a very hardcore user of bbm, i suggest you to toggle off the bbm connected icon in the settings. It works fine that way too. Helped me with my nexus 4.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
The company tweeted yesterday that an app update is coming, but no specifics. At Cheddars, one of the testers is saying they're working on version .90, which he said has tons of fixes and improvements. Hopefully, this issue is addressed in there.

TeknoBug

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Yup just installed BBM on my Moto X the other day so I can talk to a friend through BBM and noticed a significant amount of battery drain, I used my Moto X like normal and barely even used BBM for day yesterday and it ended up at 33% battery by 6pm (where it would normally be ~50%), but BBM isn't very high on the battery usage list.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred