Beats by Dre - Tour with Control Talk

elemental

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Prior to the 2.1 release for the Droid, I used the Tour Beats for in call and music audio. The "control talk" portion didn't function (volume up/down) with the exception of the center button muting either the music or my audio while in call. The microphone worked well, simply based on feedback from those on the other end of the call.

When 2.1 premiered, the demons (read: kids) decided to break the volume switch on the Beats, so I sent them back for repair/replacement. Installed 2.1, waited an eternity for the new pair to arrive. When they arrived, the microphone no longer functions. While in call, the center button will "click" and the volume buttons now "mute" non-existent audio in the call, and it pauses the song being played.

Shot in the dark here, but I'm curious if anyone else uses the Droid > Beats combo. Short of the Tour not specifically supporting the Droid, I'm leaning towards it being software related, not a change in the Beats themselves.

Any ideas? (no headset should be limited on a device, and certainly not a headset as sick as the Beats)

byrdjr

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I bought the headphones with an iPhone 3G. They didn't work. They've since updated the info on their site to reflect that it should work with 3GS and later. Ended up dumping the 3G for a Droid X (Android 2.1) and it has never worked. I would return these headphones and purchase something else until they explicitly support your phone. I sent them back and received a new pair. I'm actually going to sell them and buy another pair of Shure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hohenheimofdarkness