Bell Canada Release Date!!! UPDATE! It's OUT....

lazagna

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I just tweeted @Bell_Mobility, and they confirmed that the release date is May 8th.

I won a Z2 in a contest and it will be sent once the product is released, so I've been patiently waiting for that day. Only a few days before they will send it out... Yee Haw!!! LOL

Last edited:

HTConeplus

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Bell Canada Release Date!!!

This question is very possibly a stupid one. But, could I buy a phone from bell without having service from them?
I live in the US, and take trips to Michigan frequently. I wouldn't have a problem going to Canada to pick one up. That is, if I could just walk in, purchase one off contract price, and walk out.
I've never tried this here in the states either so I'm not sure.
Thoughts?

rjl2

May 4, 2010
Visit site

According to the Bell site, you can buy the phone off contract for $699 CAN, which is about $635 USD based on current exchange rates. The only thing I'm not sure of is what version of the phone they are selling. Is it the unlocked version (D6503)? Also, is there any branding? The site also mentions an "unlock" fee of $50 CAN, but not sure if that applies here.

I would consider buying from Bell if I could get confirmation on what phone, specifically, they are selling.

lazagna

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

Typically there is no branding on Bell phones, BUT they are locked to Bell 99.99% of the time. Canadian service providers are fairly sticky about that. According to what I read though, you can purchase an unlocked phone directly from Sony Online Store on the same date.

gunzkevin

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site

According to the Bell site, you can buy the phone off contract for $699 CAN, which is about $635 USD based on current exchange rates. The only thing I'm not sure of is what version of the phone they are selling. Is it the unlocked version (D6503)? Also, is there any branding? The site also mentions an "unlock" fee of $50 CAN, but not sure if that applies here.

I would consider buying from Bell if I could get confirmation on what phone, specifically, they are selling.

Yeah, especially if they are going for over $800 on ebay. I was tempted to pick one up, but after reading that a few people had quality issues (aesthetics only), I thought I would wait. For $635, that's a great deal.

Typically there is no branding on Bell phones, BUT they are locked to Bell 99.99% of the time. Canadian service providers are fairly sticky about that. According to what I read though, you can purchase an unlocked phone directly from Sony Online Store on the same date.

Only shipping to Canada I assume, correct?
Are there services where you can get an address to ship to for a fee? I seem to remember reading about something of the sort.

Also, I am currently on Verizon, and was planning to switch to T Mobile to get the Z2 and unlimited data. But, I saw that VZW Z2 picture, and thought I might hold out due to the great coverage of VZW.
The Z2 doesn't support CDMA does it? Would the VZW version have to have added antennas, or are they already in the phone?

Edit: This is HTConeplus if it makes a difference. I cannot get my account to work on mobile, so I made a new one. I posted this from my desktop.

Last edited:

rjl2

May 4, 2010
Visit site

I assume Bell would ship it wherever (I'm in the US as well) but I believe Sony only ships to Canada from its Canada site. I could be wrong though.

Even if the unlock fee does apply, phone would still be less than $700 USD. Not bad compared to eBay prices.

If they had a firm release date for the US I might wait, but summer is too vague.

lazagna

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Bell Canada Release Date!!! It's now OFFICIAL!!!

I JUST got and email indicating that Tomorrow is the release, the 8th... can't wait.... wahoo

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

Me too!

Calling the store first thing tomorrow morning!

lazagna

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

Awesome Bembol, I have to wait until they send me mine as I won it. Aggravating, but great to know I don't have to pay for it.

lazagna

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Would love for it to come to Rogers. Hopefully it won't be "exclusive" to Bell for very long.
Posted via Android Central App

You can buy it directly from Sony Online Store now as well if you wish, but you'll have to pay full price. The advantage there is that it's unlocked.

rjl2

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Sony Store says preorders with expected shipping in June.

Can anyone confirm whether Bell is selling the D6503 version? I know it would have to be unlocked, but first things first.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm so pissed off right now the M8 I got last month and returned still Bell hasn't reset my account. I can't upgrade, until it's cleared. :(

The white looks amazing!

SHIFT_pro s5

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm so pissed off right now the M8 I got last month and returned still Bell hasn't reset my account. I can't upgrade, until it's cleared. :(

The white looks amazing!

SHIFT_pro s5

The white is Amazing and doesn't seem to attract them fingerprints which means no constant cleaning :)

gunzkevin

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
It appears as though you cannot buy just a phone from Bell, without service from them. (At least on line)
Sony.ca doesn't ship to US, and they are just pre orders too.

When you guys go in to Bell to pick yours up, would you mind asking if it would be possible to just purchase one as though they were a retail store? No service, just ~$700 and I walk out with a phone.

I feel like by the time I get this phone, the Z2s or Z3 will be out.

kolok

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It appears as though you cannot buy just a phone from Bell, without service from them. (At least on line)
Sony.ca doesn't ship to US, and they are just pre orders too.

When you guys go in to Bell to pick yours up, would you mind asking if it would be possible to just purchase one as though they were a retail store? No service, just ~$700 and I walk out with a phone.

I feel like by the time I get this phone, the Z2s or Z3 will be out.

Bell won't sell to non-postpaid customers outright... If you don't already have mobile account with Bell, their policy is not to sell without contract.

rjl2

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Bell won't sell to non-postpaid customers outright... If you don't already have mobile account with Bell, their policy is not to sell without contract.

That stinks. But good to know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995