Best Android device under $500

Koda1820

Jun 8, 2018
Visit site
I am considering a xiaomi mix 2 a Google pixel 2 or a one plus 5t thoughts and opinions? I could finance a pixel 2xl but if I stay under $500 I could purchase out right. It'll be on attending service. Thanks for all pros and cons .

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
So you've decided on one of those three? I say that because they're not necessarily what you say in your title; and what is best for you may not be for others.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Oh I'm not saying that they're not good choices, but it depends on what's important to you in a phone. They might not be the best choices if you can get everything you want in a phone costing less, for example.

Koda1820

Jun 8, 2018
Visit site
I want a good screen and good camera. I want the Bluetooth to be Easy and friendly. I know Huawei Bluetooth is kinda weird and picky. Decent battery life if awesome and water resistance is terrific . I'm willing to sacrifice but good screen good camera and Bluetooth most important then water resistance and premium feel.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello Koda, I'm not particularly familiar with those phones.
But many people love the Pixel and the One plus 5t.
I know that many carriers and stores around the world have several discounts on Galaxy phones like the S8/S8+ and the S9/S9+
There are other alternatives too, but for the things you mentioned, any recent Samsung phone or the Pixel 2 will work great I think.
If you can afford them, even if you have to finance part of it, I think you won't regret it. But only if it's in your budget and you're happy with the phone after the first few days.
You can always return it or exchange it, well, within 14 days if you're in the USA.
Good luck and let us know what you end up getting, unboxing pictures would be great too!

Koda1820

Jun 8, 2018
Visit site
So I can get a refurbished pixel xl2 for $529
A one plus 6 for 502 with. Tax student discount
Or a 5t for $438.
I decided I don't like the regular pixel. Don't care for the look. Which would you do of the three. Overall best bang for your buck.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I think the answer would differentiate based on your needs.

If you are looking to save money, I'd recommend ordering the OnePlus 5T. OnePlus usually discontinues their current product right before their new line releases; so if you do indeed decide on the 5T, go for it! It has flagship-level specs but is at a more affordable price than, say, the Pixel 2. It has a good display, the camera is decent, and Oxygen OS is a great system and close to stock, I've heard.

That being said, if you can get the Pixel 2 at a discount and do not mind spending a bit more money, that is a good option as well. The smaller 2 would be a bit cheaper; though they have the same software, camera hardware, etc. Stock Android is awesome; battery life is good; and the experience is smooth.

Keep us posted on what you decide!

Koda1820

Jun 8, 2018
Visit site
I pulled the trigger on a one plus 6 today I got it for $500 even with my student discount that was with expedited shipping and taxes and a case it checked the boxed for the most part. Great camera great screen not officially water resistant but would obviously be ok with what I do. Great specs. Ect the Google pixel 2xl had some complaints of really slowing down so I decided against that.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I pulled the trigger on a one plus 6 today I got it for $500 even with my student discount that was with expedited shipping and taxes and a case it checked the boxed for the most part. Great camera great screen not officially water resistant but would obviously be ok with what I do. Great specs. Ect the Google pixel 2xl had some complaints of really slowing down so I decided against that.

I'm so glad you decided on the OnePlus 6! Good for you! What colour and storage size did you get? And you got it for a steal! Happy Phone Day/Week!

jdcastle4

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
I'm looking at Nokia 7 plus. Just wondering, what are people's experience of the camera by OnePlus 6? I would like to consider that too. Not too keen with OnePlus 6T since they removed the headphone jack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reaghsj6465