Best Buy Chromecast Available Today

cholme99

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased Chromecast from Best Buy. Complete with Netflix three months free. Now lets see if I actually get it when they say I will.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
You will. Just go to Netflix.com and put in the promo code found on your receipt. I did it a couple of weeks ago and now I have 3 months free:)

Sent from my Silver HTC ONE fully converted to the Google Play Edition

stormydds

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Just bought two from my local Best Buy with 3 months Netflix free today. Cancelled my order at Amazon which still said I wouldn't receive it until October through November. I originally ordered it July 31.

JFetch

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Says it's sold out online, and my local Best Buy gets their shipments in on Thursdays around 1:00pm. The same time I have to be at work. I ordered one through Amazon July 28th and it still hasn't shipped. I'm starting to think I'll never get one.

docbeatle

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Bought two online this afternoon and got Netflix codes. Can't cancel Google Play order. Guess I'll have one to give away at Christmas.

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Picked one up at around 8:00 PM today. According to the sales rep, they had ten today and were announcing them over the loudspeaker randomly all day.

Posted via Android Central App

cornbread16

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Called my local best buy this morning and found out they had 8 in stock picked it up 10 mins later. I've found that the dongle is necessary for my TV set. And now I'm having issues with the youtube app buffering when trying to watch videos on my phone instead of casting it to the tv. Works perfect when casting to the tv, but when I'm trying to watch a video on my sgs4 it constantly buffers. I Wipe data and cache and it helped slightly but still having issues. I think it's a nice accessory but without localplayback it's worthless. It sends a bad message to consumers. What if I want to show my child walking for the first time. Instead of passing a phone around to multiple people to see it. I should be able to cast that content Through the accessory. It's an OK accessory, but the local content will put it as a must have item. They have to stop worrying about pirated local content. You're never going to stop people from doing that. But don't punish the rest of us for a few people bad judgements. I know it's in beta and I like where it's at but youtube and Netflix can get really boring really fast. Which is why I only spent about half an hour playing with the Chromecast. But good start nonetheless. Have to have the ability to play local content. Have to!!!!!

mlett

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I gave up on Amazon. I ordered on Aug 1 and still no word on idea when it will ship. I ordered on Google Play, but cancelled both of those orders when I ordered off of Best Buy yesterday. BB said this morning that it has shipped. I should hopefully get it next Wednesday. Plus Best Buy still has Netflix promo.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I gave up on Amazon. I ordered on Aug 1 and still no word on idea when it will ship. I ordered on Google Play, but cancelled both of those orders when I ordered off of Best Buy yesterday. BB said this morning that it has shipped. I should hopefully get it next Wednesday. Plus Best Buy still has Netflix promo.

This is what i'm banking on. That more people cancel their Amazon orders and suddenly I'm first in line LOL

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Was able to pick up the last one hanging on the rack this afternoon on the way home from work. Setup via computer was a breeze. Netflix, YouTube and Google Play Music casting is a breeze from my Nexus 4.

Using the Cast extension via Chrome on my work laptop cannot even find my Chromecast. Have uninstalled then reinstalled AdBlock+ in the hopes that it was the problem, but still nothing. Going to try disabling my AV and restarting Chrome to see if that helps.

Edit - Disabling AV did not help. I find it easier to just use my phone for now anyway.

Brandorak

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I picked one up from Best Buy today (August 30th) and no code on my receipt :( I bum Netflix off my family, so no big deal, but would have been nice to give it to them. Loving the Chromecast though!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC