Best camera app

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I've got an LG G3 - and I'm quite impressed with what the camera can do. I've started using Camera FV-5 app (paid app) and I'm loving it. Some situations the stock camera app handles better than Camera FV-5, some situations FV-5 handles better than the stock camera. I'm still getting the hang of which app to use when, but I'd certainly recommend it!

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I use A Better Camera along side the stock one. It offers a bunch more settings and tweaks, makes much larger file size photos for later editing if I want . I think they offer try before buy but I got mine when it was on sale for .69 or something like that. It's a bit slower between shots when saving but in most cases that hasn't been a problem and the multi shot saves full size files (16mp) vs mini files of the stock camera.
If I want a WHOLE bunch of shot action shots in a multi shot I just shoot a video and grab full file size stills using Frame Grabber app. I paid $2 for it years ago and it's awesome for getting just the right moment in an action shot because you can make a still from every or any frame per second, whether it be shot from your phone or standalone and transferred to your phone.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I use A Better Camera along side the stock one. It offers a bunch more settings and tweaks, makes much larger file size photos for later editing if I want . I think they offer try before buy but I got mine when it was on sale for .69 or something like that. It's a bit slower between shots when saving but in most cases that hasn't been a problem and the multi shot saves full size files (16mp) vs mini files of the stock camera.
If I want a WHOLE bunch of shot action shots in a multi shot I just shoot a video and grab full file size stills using Frame Grabber app. I paid $2 for it years ago and it's awesome for getting just the right moment in an action shot because you can make a still from every or any frame per second, whether it be shot from your phone or standalone and transferred to your phone.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

I tried ABC, but my Note would always crash.

Posted via the Android Central App

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
How long ago was that? There was a bug that dro being on caused a crash after shooting the photo and it'd default to dro on when opening the app but that has been fixed.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

It has been a while. Trying it again based on your input. So far, so good.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I find that no single app is best for all situations, so I have the stock app, FV-5, A Better Camera and a couple of others, in a folder on the home screen. One tap and I choose the one that's best for the situation. (It's faster than changing a bayonet lens on an SLR.)

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
How long ago was that? There was a bug that dro being on caused a crash after shooting the photo and it'd default to dro on when opening the app but that has been fixed.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Spoke too soon. Took a picture with flash, and my Note immediately rebooted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton