Best clear thin case

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
It looks like Verizon is NOT going to have the P5 on sale for Black Friday ... now I'm going to have to wait to see what happens for Christmas. Bummer!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yep yep touché! I love how prepared you are as well! I hope you get your phone soon! Enjoy for yourself!

I haven't made the choice to purchase the Pixel 5 yet - but I *do* feel that my next phone will be either Samsung or Pixel. OnePlus is always in the back of my mind, but I have a feeling that Samsung or Google will take my money in 2021!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I haven't made the choice to purchase the Pixel 5 yet - but I *do* feel that my next phone will be either Samsung or Pixel. OnePlus is always in the back of my mind, but I have a feeling that Samsung or Google will take my money in 2021!
like I said, 1 plus phones are very very good phones overall. They're built more for speed though than the user experience. I'm very customizable through oxygen OS, they get pretty frequent and fast updates. The cameras are good at best though. I mean yeah you can put the Google camera mod on the OnePlus phones but it's still not as good. Well just comes down to your priorities, and what you want in a phone at the end of the day.
It looks like Verizon is NOT going to have the P5 on sale for Black Friday ... now I'm going to have to wait to see what happens for Christmas. Bummer!
oh, damn, I'm very very sorry to hear that! Honestly, for last month's promotional deal from Verizon $350 off the p5 if you have a Pixel 3 / XL or a 4, was a great deal! I'm honestly shocked that Google is only giving 50 bucks off the phone still for Black Friday deals, and Verizon is now giving only up to $200 off the price of the phone only if you purchase it from Best buy of course. I mean we can always say hopefully there will be better deals in the future and all that jazz, but I'm a little surprised at the deals aren't slightly better for the p5.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
like I said, 1 plus phones are very very good phones overall. They're built more for speed though than the user experience. I'm very customizable through oxygen OS, they get pretty frequent and fast updates. The cameras are good at best though. I mean yeah you can put the Google camera mod on the OnePlus phones but it's still not as good. Well just comes down to your priorities, and what you want in a phone at the end of the day.oh, damn, I'm very very sorry to hear that! Honestly, for last month's promotional deal from Verizon $350 off the p5 if you have a Pixel 3 / XL or a 4, was a great deal! I'm honestly shocked that Google is only giving 50 bucks off the phone still for Black Friday deals, and Verizon is now giving only up to $200 off the price of the phone only if you purchase it from Best buy of course. I mean we can always say hopefully there will be better deals in the future and all that jazz, but I'm a little surprised at the deals aren't slightly better for the p5.

I think I would buy a OnePlus phone if they come out with a model that is not too large and with improved camera specifications.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I think I would buy a OnePlus phone if they come out with a model that is not too large and with improved camera specifications.
well yeah. I mean everyone puts their Google camera app on their OnePlus phones that have heard an improved the camera experience a bit but it's still a half good camera. Other than that OnePlus phones are very good they get pretty timely Android updates, but yeah most of their phones are very big and they're getting more Samsung Galaxy-ish unfortunately... Basically, I think that one plus as a company is starting to lose their stock androidish touch unfortunately.

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
While MNML doesn't have a clear case for Pixel 5, you can get their cases right now for $6.75 each on their website. It's too big of a sale for me to pass up.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
well yeah. I mean everyone puts their Google camera app on their OnePlus phones that have heard an improved the camera experience a bit but it's still a half good camera. Other than that OnePlus phones are very good they get pretty timely Android updates, but yeah most of their phones are very big and they're getting more Samsung Galaxy-ish unfortunately... Basically, I think that one plus as a company is starting to lose their stock androidish touch unfortunately.

I have small hands so the bigger OP phones get, the less likely I am to buy them! I should've tried the OnePlus 5/5T when I had the chance!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have small hands so the bigger OP phones get, the less likely I am to buy them! I should've tried the OnePlus 5/5T when I had the chance!
Hahaha, dude, I know exactly what you mean. there's a bigger one plus phones get, the less, less, less likely I'm ever going to buy one! Lol

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Which is such a sad thing! I've always wanted to try Oxygen OS.
I mean, I honestly like to try oxygen OS. One plus software updates are pretty quick. The one main thing that's stopped me from buying a OnePlus phone from Verizon is the camera quality. I mean sure I could put the Google camera app on the phone and call it a day. But with that logic and rational, I can just buy a pixel and also call it a day so to speak... One plus phones are very customizable. Always have been, they always will be that's their "claim to fame"... but yeah with the there's a five of a six inch screen and a perfect body to screen ratio you can't beat it.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I know this is an older thread but I didn't see this one kicking around in here. I just ordered my p5 yesterday with this case....

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...roducts%2Feco-94-clear-pixel-5&token=ll8O44kV

I just like the case and the teardrop shape to the fingerprint sensor cutout. I don't even mind the text on it, gives it some flash. I've used the clear ultra hybrid on my last several phones(all samsung) but figured I'd try a new case with the switch to my first pixel.

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Great thought, unfortunately just looks a little too heavy for me. Thank you for the suggestion though!
I've been using the fusion for about 5 years. Tried at least half dozen others over that time frame and keep going back. They don't have the original fusion for the Pixel 5 (yet) but I'm getting the Fusion X. Looks like it'll be a bit thicker on the edges which does concern me. But I already know Spigen's clear cases are bulkier than the fusion so doubt it'll be worse.

While I've dropped my Fusion without damage on a number of occasions the X looks a bit more robust. I do hope that the standard Fusion is going to be added to their list at some point if the X is, in fact, too bulky.

If you haven't decided yet you can PM me after I get mine and I'll let you know what I think.......

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

I just ordered my Pixel because over Black Friday they offered a $400 trade-in on my Pixel 2 XL. Keep an eye on them for X-Mas.

Also scored a loyalty credit of $300 to upgrade my 5 year old grandfathered account. I'm exchanging the S20 FE that I first tried. Thought it was the way to go this year but, well, despite using my trusted Apex launcher I couldn't find a reliable way to drop notifications the way the fingerprint sensor works. There are a bunch of button re-map apps but they all were buggy. Then, I got a call and OMG, not being able to screen it sealed the deal

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I know this is an older thread but I didn't see this one kicking around in here. I just ordered my p5 yesterday with this case....

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...roducts%2Feco-94-clear-pixel-5&token=Rru2GwLY

I just like the case and the teardrop shape to the fingerprint sensor cutout. I don't even mind the text on it, gives it some flash. I've used the clear ultra hybrid on my last several phones(all samsung) but figured I'd try a new case with the switch to my first pixel.

Now that I've got my phone and case, i retract my statement. While this is a nice case it is not thin. It fits well and well made but it is not thin. The back is probably 3mm thick polycarbonate. It's just a thicker case all around. Which isn't a bad thing if that's what you want as it is a quality case, but it isn't a minimal case.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Well! So my P5 decided to take a 15ft ride out of my pocket to the ground while taking down Christmas lights from the roof.
My frosted clear MNML case and Spigen Screen Protector FTW! Not a scratch on the phone....Woooo!!!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well! So my P5 decided to take a 15ft ride out of my pocket to the ground while taking down Christmas lights from the roof.
My frosted clear MNML case and Spigen Screen Protector FTW! Not a scratch on the phone....Woooo!!!
Oh my word, that's freaking awesome! Good for you... I've accidentally dropped my phone at the gym once or twice... That's been about it. I will say the phone is extremely durable so far.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Oh my word, that's freaking awesome! Good for you... I've accidentally dropped my phone at the gym once or twice... That's been about it. I will say the phone is extremely durable so far.
Yeah, I was expecting the worse for sure. Only a few scratches on the case and screen protector.... Close call!!!! Lol

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I was expecting the worse for sure. Only a few scratches on the case and screen protector.... Close call!!!! Lol
You come outside! That's a damn good call! Like I said, I've dropped mine on the tile of the bathroom floor in my gym, and once or twice on rubber mat. And nothing happened to my phone. Thankfully. The phone's very durable!