Best destination for a broken hearted

overcookedcoffle

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I have an 18-year-old niece who is broken-hearted because her first boyfriend moved to Germany for good. It's so sad to see her crying and not even interested to go out and get back to her social life. I even bought her an S9 because I know she really likes to have one. I was hoping that it can help her lessen the burden. She of course thanked and hugged me but when I got inside her room, I noticed that she didn't even open the box yet. I started to worry and tried asking her if she wants to have a vacation. She refused and said that she just want to stay home. I insisted and I'm now checking for places like Maldives or any other destinations which can help her feel relaxed. Can you suggest some destinations that are less crowded? Actually, I don't even know if traveling can really help her. She didn't even say yes. I just really wanted to help her.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an 18-year-old niece who is broken-hearted because her first boyfriend moved to Germany for good. It's so sad to see her crying and not even interested to go out and get back to her social life. I even bought her an S9 because I know she really likes to have one. I was hoping that it can help her lessen the burden. She of course thanked and hugged me but when I got inside her room, I noticed that she didn't even open the box yet. I started to worry and tried asking her if she wants to have a vacation. She refused and said that she just want to stay home. I insisted and I'm now checking for places like Maldives or any other destinations which can help her feel relaxed. Can you suggest some destinations that are less crowded? Actually, I don't even know if traveling can really help her. She didn't even say yes. I just really wanted to help her.
Hello there!
Not sure if going on vacation will help her. If it was me, any place with water and sand will do.
Just being with her and supporting her in this tough moment should do the trick.
Take her out as much as possible.
If you really want to take her on vacation, do it, and have lots of fun!

overcookedcoffle

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Hello there!
Not sure if going on vacation will help her. If it was me, any place with water and sand will do.
Just being with her and supporting her in this tough moment should do the trick.

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, I'm still trying to convince her but looks like she's not interested yet. I have to think of other ways to help her.

overcookedcoffle

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi. Looks like my niece is having some positive signs of depression already as I have checked from this site. I don't think going to a vacation would help for now. Perhaps seeking for a professional help will do.

overcookedcoffle

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Offer to pay for a tattoo.

Hi Gary. Wow, I don't think she's brave enough to have a tattoo. I can imagine her screaming all throughout. I believe she is depressed. Don't you think she might regret it someday when she gets a tattoo now? I mean, now that she's obviously going through an emotional breakdown.

overcookedcoffle

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Hello there!

You're right.
After days of convincing her, she finally said yes to have therapy session online. And one thing the therapist advised is for us to be there for her. Our presence in her life during these trying times is very important. And slowly, I can see that she is getting over her depression.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
You're right.
After days of convincing her, she finally said yes to have therapy session online. And one thing the therapist advised is for us to be there for her. Our presence in her life during these trying times is very important. And slowly, I can see that she is getting over her depression.

I'm very glad that she is on the road to improvement. Heartbreak is terrible, especially when it's your first love. I too recommend Chicago!

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
North side Chicago is kinda vague. River North. Lincoln Park. Magnificent Mile. Navy Pier. All great spots for vacationing folks.

Kodak2

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
I would recommend walks in the countryside with friends of her own age, it's a good way to shake off the blues. If it's any consolation, time will cure and she will soon meet a new fella.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12