Best Earbuds with Mic for S4??

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Today my earbuds that came with the phone crapped out on me and I only get sound through one ear. Does anybody have any recommendations (under $70) of good earbuds that have great music quality and a mic that has pause, volume, skip song functionality that works well with S4?

Thanks!

jkatabelo

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I clicked on the link for the Skullcandy earphones and read the reviews on Amazon.com. The reviews say that the volume switch does not even work on the Galaxy phones. If this is true why would you buy these for this phone?
Are there any model earphones that have the on off switch and the volume switch that work on the Galaxy s4?

Posted via Android Central App

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the Bose earbuds that kind of have a hook so they hook into your ear, which help me out tremendously because I cannot get earbuds to stay in my ears no matter what! They were kinda pricey ($130) but I love them!

jd4d

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
If u like deep bass the Klipsch s4i are good ones. The only thing about them I do not like is that u cannot control ur volume with the s4.

Galaxy S4

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Be careful when buying headphones for this phone! I have had my phone for a few days was using my ipod touch headphones with it and they work. I gave my ipod and headphones to my cousins as I plan on using my S4. So today I went to buy some headphones. I bought some of the big ones that go over your head and some skull Candy ones. Got home and tried them out. The big ones work but the skull Candy ones don't work at all. No sound comes out. The headphones are not faulty because they work with my tablets. So I went back out and bought some Sony headphones and guess what they don't work. I'm not buying another set of Apple ones so I'll have to use the ones that come with the phone but they are a bit uncomfortable. I've had a look at the headphones that work and compared them to the ones that don't work have. The ones that work have 3 grooves and the ones that don't work only have 2 grooves.

Posted via Android Central App

Sideman7

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Best? That is going to be highly debatable for sure... I recently picked up a pair of Bose QC-20i after trying them at an airport kiosk. Not cheap, but the noise canceling works unnervingly well, they are comfortable, and they sound pretty good. They don't sound as good as my custom Westone 3's, but I can't use those to make a phone call either. The mic and the call/answer (play/pause button) work fine (the volume buttons do nothing on the S4). After some testing, I figured out that the odd irony of using a headset like this is that although the noise canceling works great inbound, it does nothing outbound, and it also defeats the built in noise cancellation of the handset... So if you are somewhere noisy, it sounds pretty bad on the other end. That is going to be the case on any wired headset with a mic though.

Trexwarrior

May 3, 2013
Visit site
The ones that come with the s4 are mediocre at best.. I have a hard time getting them to stay in my ears no matter what size rubber cover I use.. They sound like I'm listening to music in a tunnel. I prefer my bose over the ear headphones. They don't have noise cancelling but they were only $99.. Doesn't have an inline mic but has amazing sound for calls/music. I have yet to find a great pair of ear buds with inline mic. Let us know if you find something good as I am in the market for a nice set of earbud/mic headphones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

reconminicon

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Monster iSport Immersion. Best headphones I have bought. Have a look on eBay. You will find a new pair within your price range.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

gimpy1

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I had a hard time keeping them in my ears, too. Looping the cord over the top of the ear does help, though. But, doing that makes the controls way too short.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly