Best features of Lollipop on G3?

Thierry Henry

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Non tech person question. I have a lot of pics and videos on my SD card and I don't want to close them by doing a reset. Can I pull the card, do the reset, then reinstall it? What's the best way to back everything up? I've tried downloading the pics to my PC, but it kept giving me an error and wouldn't download all the drivers.

Posted via the Android Central App

The SD card is not affected by a factory reset.

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
So the one big improvement I saw with Lollipop (I did a factory reset with the upgrade) was improvement in battery life. It lasts much longer than it did in KitKat, with one big caveat.
For some reason on my device (and I've seen this reported by several others), Bluetooth kills my battery if I leave it on, even if not connected to a device. Never had that issue with KitKat or any other device.
As an example, the other day I turned on my headset and talked for 15 minutes. I turned off the headset, but Bluetooth remained ON. At the time my battery was about 95% charged. Within 3 1/2 hours, I had less than 15% battery life. I thought for a moment I had forgotten to plug it in overnight or something. But when I looked at Battery Usage, Bluetooth had consumed over 55% of my battery in that short time since the call.
I'm not sure why this is happening, but now after I use bluetooth I turn it OFF on the phone and I get remarkable battery life. But it sucks to have to turn it on/off all the time.
Anyone else having this issue?

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
So the one big improvement I saw with Lollipop (I did a factory reset with the upgrade) was improvement in battery life. It lasts much longer than it did in KitKat, with one big caveat.
For some reason on my device (and I've seen this reported by several others), Bluetooth kills my battery if I leave it on, even if not connected to a device. Never had that issue with KitKat or any other device.
As an example, the other day I turned on my headset and talked for 15 minutes. I turned off the headset, but Bluetooth remained ON. At the time my battery was about 95% charged. Within 3 1/2 hours, I had less than 15% battery life. I thought for a moment I had forgotten to plug it in overnight or something. But when I looked at Battery Usage, Bluetooth had consumed over 55% of my battery in that short time since the call.
I'm not sure why this is happening, but now after I use bluetooth I turn it OFF on the phone and I get remarkable battery life. But it sucks to have to turn it on/off all the time.
Anyone else having this issue?

That is odd, I have my Bluetooth on all day and I never had that issue. I'm also running 5.0.1 on a D850 G3. I use my bt mostly for streaming spotify at my car while driving and I don't turn it off afterwards, only when I'm at home after work. I don't know how to fix that since you did a factory reset already, try contacting LG support.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The SD card is not affected by a factory reset.
Especially if you unmount it and remove it from the phone before doing the reset. ("Never" actually means "only once in a million times". If the card isn't in the phone, it means "never". It's worth the extra 60 seconds if Lucky Lindy is the least bit worried.)

Thierry Henry

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Especially if you unmount it and remove it from the phone before doing the reset. ("Never" actually means "only once in a million times". If the card isn't in the phone, it means "never". It's worth the extra 60 seconds if Lucky Lindy is the least bit worried.)

Yep, always better to be safe than sorry. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick