best FREE wifi tether app?

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
There's two different themes going on here.

1. What APP can you use for wifi tetthering.
2. How can I get FREE data using wifi tethering.

So, for the app, the built in one is probably as good as any, assuming your network carrier has allowed it. If not, go and find one.

For the free data, I have no idea. You do need to contact your carrier and see what they say. But, to me, unlimited data means just that, no matter what you are doing.

Does this make sense?

Alan

For AT&T, you cannot use the built in wifi tethering "app" without having a tethering plan (extra $$) on your account.

alan sh

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Ah.

So was the original poster asking about a free app or about obtaining access to free data download/uploads?

Alan

greasemuntney

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I want to try FoxFi but do not want AT&T to stop my unlimited data plan and cause me to have to pay for a limited data package. So I am going to not be running a tether app at this time.

tdizzle05

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung galaxy s3 through sprint. I can download foxfi, my devices recognizes, but it won't connect and i don't think i should have to root it. But what am I doing wrong? I had an Samsung epic with the keyboard before this and FOXFI IS WONDERFUL and I want it to work nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnow please help me!

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a Samsung galaxy s3 through sprint. I can download foxfi, my devices recognizes, but it won't connect and i don't think i should have to root it. But what am I doing wrong? I had an Samsung epic with the keyboard before this and FOXFI IS WONDERFUL and I want it to work nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnow please help me!

You're not doing anything wrong - the developer is still working on it for the S3:

FoxFi Installer

Dave

Reactions: raviendha

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
My carrier doesn't give a rat's ass about tethering and we don't get throttled until we hit 10GB so it's all good for me using the native wifi hotspot.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Knew that would happen!
I just use the stock android tethering option.
Nothing my carrier can do other than lose a customer :thumbup:

Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

famousface

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth, the android-wifi-tether app works great for a rooted galaxy sIII. Just make sure to use the newest version. The older version didn't work.

LightningGA

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I use 1-click WiFi Tether No Root on my att GSIII on stock unrooted JB.
Works great for tethering my Note 10.1.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Brenda Olgers

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
best FREE wifi tether app?nd recently bought a mach speed stealth pro 9.7 tablet. I read that I could tether by downloading a free app to avoid tethering charges with verizon. I need help in deciding which app is the best. I read about FoxFi but itsaid that it was not compatible with my phone yet I see post from people with the same phone saying it is great .HELP!!!

BrandonCh Ong

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
foxfi can't work with my skyrocket but "1-click tethering" allows mi to tether but I'm not sure if they have hidden charges.... I don't got tethering on my plan but I guess I'll see... lol

Crazyczech

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why someone would need to tether on wifi. Why not just connect the unit to wifi and not have to go through the phone? I understand tethering when your not on wifi.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why someone would need to tether on wifi. Why not just connect the unit to wifi and not have to go through the phone? I understand tethering when your not on wifi.
I used it for my sister before they had Internet in their new home. I ran Portable Wifi Hotspot on the phone, and she was able to get on the net with her laptop.
If you're at a coffee shop and don't trust getting on a public Wifi with your laptop, tether it with the phone.
There are uses for it.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
It's for when there isn't any wifi around and you have a device that doesn't have a CDMA or GSM radio in it, the phone connects to the internet through your carrier and the device connects to your phone via wifi. Like when you are driving down a highway and your kid's iPod, iPad or N7 Tablet is wifi only and they want to connect to the internet they do, through your phone, wirelessly. Sprint charges $10/mo. for this ability, other carriers don't, so some need a work around. I use it twice a year on long road trips, instead of giving my daughter the phone I let her connect through it and I use the phone to run Waze, so for 3 hours a year I don't want to pay $10/mo. That's why it's called wifi tether, not that there is wifi available, you create the hotspot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick