Best Head sets?

dfaris

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
So with the V30s 32-Bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC I have been looking for a good headset to take advantage of the sound output. I don't know that much about whats good or bad other then how it sounds to me so I though I would ask if anyone had any suggestions.

So what is a good is a good headset that could also take phone calls and I would prefer a sports version that uses ear hook or some other way to keep the earbuds/headsets in my ears while working out.

Thanks

Mr Winkle13

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
So with the V30s 32-Bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC I have been looking for a good headset to take advantage of the sound output. I don't know that much about whats good or bad other then how it sounds to me so I though I would ask if anyone had any suggestions.

So what is a good is a good headset that could also take phone calls and I would prefer a sports version that uses ear hook or some other way to keep the earbuds/headsets in my ears while working out.

Thanks
See post above

dfaris

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
So I'm looking for something in the $100 range. I listen to all kinds of music. Rock, Jazz, Blues and even old school Rap. I'm guessing Bluetooth can not take advantage of the V30s Quad?

irvine752

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Thanks

I think this V20 thread might be helpful:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-v20/758516-how-many-v20-users-have-over-ear-high-impedence.html

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Do these even have support for AptX or even better AptX HD? I know at least the first generation didn't have either of those two.
Nope. But despite the lack of it, the sound quality remains superb mainly because of the excellent hardware and noise cancelling. It's pretty much the best noise cancelling headphone available. In terms of pure audio quality, there will be others with better sound, but the problem is that they won't be as clean as they don't cancel ambient noise as good, or the noise cancelling creates a background buzz or hum.

The lack of AptX doesn't bother me as much, as the excellent noise isolation is kind of my preference. Plus the sounds are clean. Of course though I'm suggesting based on my preferences. Plus I don't mind using wired.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/au...eadphones/bose-quietcomfort-35-1322715/review

http://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/bose-quietcomfort-35-ii

dfaris

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
Earbuds would be best while traveling. Big over the ear type headsets I know would be good but are not the best to travel and workout with.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Nope. But despite the lack of it, the sound quality remains superb mainly because of the excellent hardware and noise cancelling. It's pretty much the best noise cancelling headphone available. In terms of pure audio quality, there will be others with better sound, but the problem is that they won't be as clean as they don't cancel ambient noise as good, or the noise cancelling creates a background buzz or hum.

The lack of AptX doesn't bother me as much, as the excellent noise isolation is kind of my preference. Plus the sounds are clean. Of course though I'm suggesting based on my preferences. Plus I don't mind using wired.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/au...eadphones/bose-quietcomfort-35-1322715/review

http://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/bose-quietcomfort-35-ii

The problem with Bose is the noise cancelation kills the sound. They do cancel noise like no other, however it is at a cost to performance. I prefer not to use them on my commute because I prefer being aware of my surroundings. That's why I bought a set of audio technicas. The noise cancelation is not as strong however the sound is superb.

Mr Winkle13

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Should I be looking at wired or Bluetooth ear buds to take advantage of the DAC on the V30?
Do all these take advantage of the DAC on the V30? Is that what the aptX means?
To take advantage of the V30's DAC specifically you're going to need to use a wired pair of headphones. The aptx HD is a codec that the v30 uses when sending the signal to the Bluetooth headphone to reproduce sound in High Fidelity

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Do all these take advantage of the DAC on the V30? Is that what the aptX means?
DAC on the phone is useless via wireless. If you use Bluetooth, you'll be using the DAC on the headset, not the phone. Now most headsets have the ability to use a wired connection alongside bluetooth.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The problem with Bose is the noise cancelation kills the sound. They do cancel noise like no other, however it is at a cost to performance. I prefer not to use them on my commute because I prefer being aware of my surroundings. That's why I bought a set of audio technicas. The noise cancelation is not as strong however the sound is superb.
For commutes I prefer to have no noise cancellation. You can turn it off anyway. Although usuallt I end up with earbuds for commutes where I need to be aware of my surroundings. However for me, excellent noise cancelling is perhaps the biggest selling factor for any headset IMO. I generally use a headset when I need to focus on something, and the noise cancellation well, cancels distractions.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
For commutes I prefer to have no noise cancellation. You can turn it off anyway. Although usuallt I end up with earbuds for commutes where I need to be aware of my surroundings. However for me, excellent noise cancelling is perhaps the biggest selling factor for any headset IMO. I generally use a headset when I need to focus on something, and the noise cancellation well, cancels distractions.

The noise cancelation amplifier adds resistance to the circuit which gives me full output from the DAC.

dfaris

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
To take advantage of the V30's DAC specifically you're going to need to use a wired pair of headphones. The aptx HD is a codec that the v30 uses when sending the signal to the Bluetooth headphone to reproduce sound in High Fidelity

Ok so I'm looking for a wired set of earbuds that will take advantage of the phones DAC and can take phone calls. I would prefer something that helps the earbud stay in my ear. Most earbuds don't stay in my ear that well. So narrowing it down to this sort of earbud what are some good brands that I can look into?

Thanks for the help you folks are providing. I would go into a store and plug different ones into my phone to try them but the stores don't do that around here.